Does my ex deserve my forgiveness?

I had gotten my ex pregnant. I stepped up and bought her an engagement ring and we set a wedding date. She decided to breakup with me while she was four months pregnant. She gave me the ring back a month later and she had me feel her stomach which grew a good amount in a month. Then she told me she was talking to her old boyfriend and wanted to raise our baby with him and said she was moving out of state to be with her family so they could help her. She called me two months later and said she had a stillbirth. She then came back with his ashes and the death certificate. We had a memorial and she was completely broken. That was all two years ago and she just apologized and also confessed she lied about being on birth control and she left because felt guilty.

51

Most Helpful Girl

• Wow, that's really sad. I'm very sorry to hear that, my condolences.
    It sounds like she went through a really hard time, and whether or not she deserves your forgiveness... I think you should forgive her. She has probably already torn herself apart and hurt herself with this, over the past two years, to be vindicated. I think it would be kindest to forgive her. It might also be good for you to try to part with some of the pain and anger, to move forward with a lighter heart.
    But do what feels right to you.

What Girls Said 4

• forgiveness is not about her, it's about you. if you still harbor ill will, that takes a lot out of you. forgiveness is about letting go of the past and not letting it hurt you anymore. that doesn't mean get back into a relationship with her, but at the same time you shouldn't carry the weight of the bad feelings.

• That's a sad story. My condolences although it was years ago.

I think you should forgive her. I think she was just trying to do the best she could in the situation she was in. She's been through a lot with loser the baby. I'm sure if she lost you. All together, that would be the end for her.

• You can't trust someone like that ever again

• maybe yeah.. it all depends upon you

What Guys Said 1

• No, she does not. If she did have the kid she would most likely be gone. Her feeling guilty is a bunch of crap. When someone screws you over, don't ever give them the chance to do it again because if you do, they will.