Worst way to break up with someone?

What is worst way of breaking up with someone? Or is every situation different?

718

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 17

• By not telling them. Just ignoring them. It seems there are a lot of people out there that do not want to confront their partner, so they just disappear. Or they make things so difficult they hope the other does the breaking up. Bad, bad way to go.

• Hmm... I hope this never happens to anyone buuuut... for a guy it would be the girl going over to have sex with him... getting it on right until climax... then pushing him out and leaving saying "cya later!"

• Oh damn let's see if anyone can top yours ouch

• had a gf once that broke up with me over text message and ignored my phone calls afterwards... good stuff then had same one pack up her shit and leave her ring on the counter for me when I got home from work... that was even better stuff. smh

• Over instant messaging

Email

Voice mail

In an aside, such as: hey it was good seeing you, by the way I dont want to see you anymore.

• The one where you don't actually break up with the person. You just avoid them and ignore them until they eventually figure out what's going on. The people who do that have no idea how much that hurts.

• Your right it does hurt

• I think the absolute worst way to break up with someone is murder. Sure, it's effective, and you'll be free and clear of them, but it's over the top and quite unnecessary.

• Leaving a voice mail, on their birthday, while
    all his/her friends are present.

sounds pretty nasty ^.~

• Cellphone breakup via text then I shut the phone for a few days.

• Do you take this option often? I'd just block them from phone

• True story on that

• I remember when I wanted to breakup with my ex every single day of the week, but I couldn't. It was too scary, I thought I was going to turn into jelly and emo - this feeling where your body shuts down. Lol, sometimes you got to do it right after sex, like in the movie Old School.

• If you do it on Facebook, then you are a piece of shit

• fyi more of a general statement than a judgement on you

• Does it matter if you break up with them via private Facebook message versus breaking up with them on their Facebook wall and tagging them in the post so that it pops up on all their friend's news feeds?

• Ouch @rocksongwriter

• What is worst way of breaking up with someone?

The worst way I can think of would be standing up in a hammock.

• To tell him the real reason behind the break up ! !

• Which would be?

• I don't know , like : I'm not interested in you anymore... or you are not attractive to me or something :P

• The worst way I believe is through text. What a lazy move.

• Cellphone text breakup, then shut phone down.

• I tell her 6 words; You Look Fat In Those Pants.

• In public in front of his friends and family

• U look like a duck! I dont want u anymore >.>

• M. I. A, or should I say, completely disappearing on someone, without provided an explanation, yet being visible to mutual friends and social circle.

What Girls Said 7

• Through No Reply Again Text... xx

• Over text. He said it's over than wouldn't speak to me for a week.

• So where you given a reason...

• Do not show up at any of the dates on their birthday, then break up in front of everybody, after texting your partner that you are dating their sister/brother and you never had feelings for them

• Anon, thank you for creating this question. It has provided me multiple minutes of laughter!

• Text Message, in front of everyone

• Without at least saying why or goodbye.

• Hmmm

• Some guys like to do that, I don't know if girls do too. To me this way is very cruel.

• Call them and tell them to come to your house for a romantic date, then invite their brother/sister over, and start making out with them. Pretty sure that says "we're breaking up" better than anything. ... or it says you want an incestual threesome.

• Haha yea gets point across