Should I leave my husband or stick it out with him?

We have been married for 6 years. We have 2 children together. I am miserably unhappy and am finding my self thinking about other men. I love my husband, but not in the same way anymore. There is little passion between us and when we do have sex, I'm trying to think about other men just to get me through. I don't want to break up my family, but I can't live this way anymore and I'm afraid that I'm going to end up making a huge mistake with someone else. Our 2 children have mild autism and I worry about them as well. It wouldn't be so bad if I got help with them, which I don't. What should I do? I feel so selfish! Should I try to make myself happy and leave or should I stick with him and suffer for the kids?

25

Most Helpful Guy

• If you leave him I can promise you that one of those awesome guy types that you think about may be your husband and you will have the same conversation with yourself years from now about them. Have you ever thought that maybe he too is unhappy is "suffering" for the kids. Can you remember that whole "till death do you part" thing. That wasn't a line in a movie, that was a sacred vow. Tell him what's up. Don't just come out and say you don't love him. Tell him the core reason why you are unhappy but do it in a way that you would want to be told. Still do not hold back, say it all but totally respectfully. Is he not enough for you, has he changed, has life just become to hard, what is it?

• He has changed a lot. I married someone else, literally. He did things I liked and was the kind of person that I like. After we got married he changed within a year, almost like he couldn't hide who he really was anymore.

• What did he do then that he now doesn't do? Do you mean like back then it was like "Can I take you out tonight for some fun" and now it's just " let's put the kids to bed so we can have sex". Or, is he mean, unloving and such?

Most Helpful Girl

• Are you referring to your non existent husband?

KatyKat
    Single
    Tomboy
    United States