Should I break up with him or am I freaking out for no reason?

i have been with my boyfriend for a week now and the other day he told me he was in love with me, he understands i dont feel the same way but now im totally freaked out, he's moving way too fast, should i break up with him or am i just freaking out for no reason?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I wouldn't freak out. He said what he's feeling.
    It maybe a little fast but who knows what he's feeling better then him?
    I once told that to a girl & she responded with "How do you know" I rarely say that anymore. (That may have happened 20 years ago)
    If you do decide to end the relationship don't crush him because of what he said.
    See I won't even write those words.

0|0
    1|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 3

• well... first of all , if you don't love him, why is he labelled as your boyfriend?

IF its just minor attraction and infatuation, just remains as good friends or something.

The words "boyfriend" and "love" both mean alot...

0|0
    0|0
  • Don't freak out. You have to make it clear to him that it is just going too fast. Just remember to also make sure that he knows that you ARE interested in him. He might start thinking that you are pulling away because you don't like him. If that is not true, you will probably need to make a little effort to make it known.

Hopefully he will believe you and understand, but if he doesn't, it wasn't your fault and unfortunately, there is nothing you can do about it anymore, but hey, you end up in the same place that you would have been if you had just broken up with him, so what are you going to do? Put in a little more effort and be able to say that you tried, or just give up and wonder what could have been?

0|1
    0|0
    • thanks so much, you really helped :D im gonna put in a little more effort

• Great! FUS RO DAH!! <---(somebody please tell me if I used that correctly)

• You need tell him slow down cause your moving fast , scaring me and i might have to break up with you cause this is not right at the moment

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 3

• were you friends long before you started dating? a week is pretty short to be in love. a lot of people just throw around a word like love pretty casually

0|1
    0|0
  • You're right that is really fast, then again I'm assuming you're both under 18. If this is his first relationship then it's not a surprise. I'm sure it's nothing and that if you let him know that he's going way too fast that he'll slow it down. I would caution though that if he's a real sweet talker now and starts getting more controlling or obsessive it could be a sign of him being an abuser.

0|0
    0|0
  • well you don't love someone after being with them a week. i just don't see that as even a possibility but your are both under 18 most kids don't understand that they throw those words around like your saying you like someone. I had a bf when i was like 17 that was all like i love you and being like really too obsessive i gave it month and broke it off he was devastated and overly upset i ended up having to block him on all things social.

but for you i say give it time.. and also talk about what you expect.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes