I have an opportunity to move to another state, but I have a child... what should I do?

My ex gf, of 7 years, has proven countless times that she doesn't want me or our relationship. After the last few years of doing all I could to prove my love to her, she just couldn't remain faithful. We have a kid together who's 3yrs old. I have finally come to accept, although I still struggle daily, that my relationship with my ex is over. I have a chance to move to another state with a guaranteed job, but not sure if I should do it b/c of my child. I'm scared that 3 years old is so early to live miles and miles away from one parent or family. I don't really want to live in my current state anymore. I want to start fresh and leave the sad and heartache behind. What would you do? Is 3 years old to early to split 6 months of the year away from one parent? Just to be clear, I'm not a deadbeat dad. My child comes first in all I do. To give a better picture, it wasn't until recently that her mom started keeping her more often than seeing her twice a week. I told her mom last night that I was potentially moving and she sounded upset, but I can't allow her to keep me here. I don't know what to do.

45

Most Helpful Girl

• Sometimes, as a parent, it's important to do things that move your life forward or make it better. To be a good parent sometimes, we have to focus on ourselves. Like if you're ill, it will affect your child, if you are poor it will affect your child, if you have no job, are in jail, no ambition etc.. It affects your child.
    At the end of the day, you can't give your kid what you don't have. If this really is a opportunity that is worth moving, in a lot of ways it will also benefit your daughter.