I'm fed up relationships... they're all fucking lies... but I prefer remaining single for a long time.. or just look for someone else?

title says it all... which is better? to remain single for a long time or get into another relationship afterwards (even if i will not love that person)? what to do? how to deal with a breakup?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• dont just jump into another relationship because of a break up, and being single for a long time is not a guarantee that when you finally decide to date again you will meet a good guy.. for now, just cool your nerves and try to forget about your past relationships. when you think and feel you are emotionally and mentally strong to date again, then give it a try... try to avoid the mistakes you made in your passed relationship, like falling deep inlove with a guy with out knowing if he really loves you.. remember too much love, hurts so much.. goodluck sis

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 12

• 1. Being at the receiving end of a break up is not an easy thing to happen, it's happened to me once and I know what one goes through
    2. Most time people react the way you do and it's normal but not necessarily justified
    3. I dealt with it by thinking about the good things about her, that she'd done/we'd done together etc
    4. I let go of it w/o any ill feelings cause I realized she had her priorities and I didn't fit the bill in those :)
    5. I've never stopped believing in love
    6. It's our expectations that get in the way - less the expectations and more importantly fixations, better the situation is for us and the relationship
    7. Whether to be single or get into another relationship isn't really a decision to make especially not at a point of time when you've just broken up or feeling let down
    8. If you take such a decision now, you'll wind up with either bitterness throughout your own life if you stay single hanging on to something that's made you feel so and if you get into a relationship trying to get over this one, you'll probably blanket it with the negatives of your last one - whichever way it's not going to be too good for you :)
    9. I'd say chill out, spend time doing things you want to, with friends etc and not talking or thinking about what's transpired recently
    10. Set your priorities in life right, think beyond feelings (though don't negate feelings ever) and love will come :)

0|0
    0|0
  • Stay single for a long time, and get to know lots of people from lots of different settings. You will come to learn that people are different, many people are good, many are bad, all are a mix, and some people are right for you.

Don't get into a relationship for the sake of being in a relationship. Get into a relationship because you feel a compelling mix of chemistry, respect, and admiration for someone.

0|0
    0|0
  • I suspect that your feelings about relationships is related to the kind of men that you go for. Can you describe the men that you have been with? Is there anything that a lot of them had in common?

0|0
    0|0
    • i dated guys of the same age as me

• If you won't put in the effort to help others help you, then you won't be helped.

• i think i know what was my mistake!!;
      i dated guys of the same age as me
      i dated guys from different religion from me
      they were both immature

• Omg hope your okay and go out with your friends or watch movies and get a take away or just chill and do what you love doing :) hope your okay and my deepest condolences and don't give up on relationships keep moving forward :)

0|0
    0|0
    • yeah but things are no more gonna be the same... it will be very difficult/impossible for me to trust someone else now

• They never are after a breakup but you will feel better in time so keep your chin up :) and I know how you feel I find it hard to trust people after your hurt but it's life

• Hopefully it's for the better that you ended it! I guess you should spend some time being single, then just continue dating when it feels right

Personaly I wouldn't midn a relationship now as I live alone and have done so for quite a while now.

0|0
    0|0
    • so tell me dude.. what do i do to feel much better?

• Show All
    • Then you should try to spend time with friends, fun stuff! Go out etc!

• yeah i guess

• While you're experiencing negative emotions and hurt it's best to remain single and on your own until you have moved on completely.

0|0
    0|0
  • maybe what your view in what a relationship supposed to be, doesn't exist in the first place, or i could be the types of guys you go for or how you treat them, (i think) you recently answered one of my questions (i think) and how you treat guys is off the map so that tells it all but again im not exactly sure it was you , but your supposed to be interested in/love someone first in order to get a relationship, otherwise they are going to lies you dont just get a guy and expect them to grow on you it doesn't work like that

0|0
    0|0
  • hm... i think you should be single for now.
    Believe me or not being single is a blessings and break up is a part of relationship. learning how to seek positive things in a negative situation that's the benefits of the break up.
    The fastest way is acceptance, loving yourself and think highly of yourselves that you deserve better, you dont need a savage dog in your life. well u run the race, u stick as honest partner and i think you should be proud of those things. Big step but you need to pull your courage and move on.

PS " self pity" avoid this negative feelings as possible.

0|0
    0|0
  • How recent was your breakup?

0|0
    0|0
    • this afternoon.. we had a fucking fight and i fucking decide to end up with this shit... i'm feeling so pissed off

• Show All
    • you mean shopping therapy?

• Now what happened?

0|0
    0|0
  • do whatever makes you feel better

0|0
    0|0
  • I want someone normal!!!

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 3

• Honestly? Def go single until you feel better. Spend your time and energy in yourself and mend that broken heart filled with lies, pain, and anger. Know your self worth and don't let a negative experience affect how your going to treat another lover. Learn from the past and remember why you broke up. And don't forget friends and family, people that were always there.

0|0
    0|0
  • Relations are hard and often don't turn uo the way you want. But don't let them make you bitter and resentful. A relationship with the right person can be amazing. But it's a lot of work and time and energy to find the right person. Don't give up

0|0
    0|0
  • You just need some time to heal that all. Your hurt and upset. Give it time dont jump into any relationship it not healthy unless you really wannt to but most if the
    Time it doesn't work out or it already has issues when you just started. It best to get over the ex be happy with your self and the right person will come. Give it time and a lot of patients. Your single so you can now do things you wanna do and not worry over any thing. Plus it fine to feel out diff guys it not like your dating them so you can get a feel and use your past to know what you deff dont want.

0|0
    0|0
    • yeah its true

• Yea right now your at the beginin stage. So just vent it out! Get it off your chest even if you have to do that fir while you feel better. Get with your friends go buy your self something nice new cloths etc go out and have fun keep busy! Thing get better you will see in time

Recommended myTakes