If he doesn't want to be with me why doesn't he just leave?

My bf keeps talking about being single to other girls. We have mutual friends and a lot of them have told me that when they go out he'll talk to other girls and be like "yah I'm going to be single soon", "I'm going to be living the single life", "I'm just going to be a bachelor alone in my own house forever".

I confronted him about this a year ago and he just laughed saying he jokes around a lot. But he hasn't stopped cus I keep hearing from others that he says things like that still.

We've been together for 8 years, on and off. Why does he keep saying this? Does he want to be single? Why doesn't he just break up with me once and for all then?

I'm so mad we got into a big fight again today over this and he just walked away and doesn't feel like speaking to me now. What am I supposed to think?

21

Most Helpful Guy

• 8 years on and off? If he has not matured by this point and still says he wants to be single stop wasting your time and get out. I know it'll be hard but it's really not worth the struggle of spending a few more years dealing with his crap and then breaking up at a time when you may be thinking about marriage and the future and he's still talking about a potential bachelor life.

• I'm turning 26 this year so I'm already thinking about marriage and a future together. But he still doesn't know.

Most Helpful Girl

• Look I don't want to be harsh or anything, but to me this says he doesn't respect you, girlfriend. He's making you seem small and unimportant to him in front of your mutual friends, and he isn't caring about how that hurts your feelings. I really think you have a different man out there who's better for you.