Do you ever feel really lonely, like you don't belong anywhere and no one is on your side?

I barely see my close friends anymore and I feel like everyone has their own life. Everyone is focused on their relationships and they spend most of their time with their significant other. Because I am single I spend a lot of time by myself as my friends are all in relationships. I'm going through a break-up and I'm not ready to date yet. My ex and I broke up 2 months ago and we severed all contact. A couple of my friends are going through breakups too but they're still in contact with their exes so they're still busy with them. I'm the only one who actually ended all contact because it was too painful to see him.

It just makes me miss him because he was the only person I spoke to everyday he was my best friend. We can't get back together because the reason why we broke up. He really hurt me.

I just feel like I don't belong anywhere and I feel lost like I have no direction. At my age everyone is settling down yet I'm still all over the place, especially since my break up.

Does anyone else feel this way?

26

Most Helpful Guy

• Honestly, i used to think like this as well. I used to feel lonely as i dont have any girlfriend, to feel that i miss highschool times were my friends where all arround me all the time... But you know what, i took the step of moving up myself... what i mean is, i realised that before i had friends, before i had any girlfriend by my side, before i start thinking of how happier or more complete i would "be" or simply feel, i should first become someone "complete" or happy by my self, for my self, not to depend of someone's personallity to be something, a big step for me was to realise that i was already someone, and i should invest more time on myself, this very same time i used to spend thinking of other people. it is somewhat hard to explain but, you need to find your qualities and boost them up, or better, create new ones! Go to the gym, start running, learn another language... i grew my self alot, i mean, a lot when i started being more focused on me and in my toughts, just an example, today i allmost speak english, that was something i learnt by my self (it is not perfect although) as i am a brazilian guy that didn't have money in the past to invest in an English school...
    but dont confine yourself, go arround, practice sports, study... as you invest in yourself, you'll realise that new people have been found in front of your path, everybody has a path to choose and follow, you can choose to run it and have fun!

I don't understand much about girls, but, i hope this helps you!

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • I understand what you are saying and I've been trying to do this, but it's quite difficult. But thanks for this and I will definitely continue trying. Thanks.