Do you ever feel really lonely, like you don't belong anywhere and no one is on your side?

I barely see my close friends anymore and I feel like everyone has their own life. Everyone is focused on their relationships and they spend most of their time with their significant other. Because I am single I spend a lot of time by myself as my friends are all in relationships. I'm going through a break-up and I'm not ready to date yet. My ex and I broke up 2 months ago and we severed all contact. A couple of my friends are going through breakups too but they're still in contact with their exes so they're still busy with them. I'm the only one who actually ended all contact because it was too painful to see him.

It just makes me miss him because he was the only person I spoke to everyday he was my best friend. We can't get back together because the reason why we broke up. He really hurt me.

I just feel like I don't belong anywhere and I feel lost like I have no direction. At my age everyone is settling down yet I'm still all over the place, especially since my break up.

Does anyone else feel this way?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Honestly, i used to think like this as well. I used to feel lonely as i dont have any girlfriend, to feel that i miss highschool times were my friends where all arround me all the time... But you know what, i took the step of moving up myself... what i mean is, i realised that before i had friends, before i had any girlfriend by my side, before i start thinking of how happier or more complete i would "be" or simply feel, i should first become someone "complete" or happy by my self, for my self, not to depend of someone's personallity to be something, a big step for me was to realise that i was already someone, and i should invest more time on myself, this very same time i used to spend thinking of other people. it is somewhat hard to explain but, you need to find your qualities and boost them up, or better, create new ones! Go to the gym, start running, learn another language... i grew my self alot, i mean, a lot when i started being more focused on me and in my toughts, just an example, today i allmost speak english, that was something i learnt by my self (it is not perfect although) as i am a brazilian guy that didn't have money in the past to invest in an English school...
    but dont confine yourself, go arround, practice sports, study... as you invest in yourself, you'll realise that new people have been found in front of your path, everybody has a path to choose and follow, you can choose to run it and have fun!

I don't understand much about girls, but, i hope this helps you!

1|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • I understand what you are saying and I've been trying to do this, but it's quite difficult. But thanks for this and I will definitely continue trying. Thanks.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 5

• Yeah. I'm single and hardly ever see my friends anymore either. It's a lonely life sometimes. I'm lucky if some of my friends can spare 5 minutes every 6 months. I'd love to settle down, but not settle on who I do it with. I just keep the faith and hope that someday soon I'll meet the right woman.

1|0
    0|0
    • I know.. some of my friends were trying to pressure me into dating after only 2 months. I'm not even over my ex. I had to explain to them too, that I would love to settle down with someone, but I'm not desperate and would rather it be the right person. They just don't understand though and they just don't get why I won't go on any dates right now. I think they really just want to throw me to the wolves so they don't feel pressured into hanging out with me.

• I do feel this way when it comes to relationships. I honestly think I'll never find a woman who will understand me, and want to be with me through where my faults and personality are concerned.
    I've already had a couple relationships break because I ended up messing up. The longer in life I go, the more I realize, I believe, I'm destined to be alone.
    All of my friends and peers are indeed getting married, having kids, etc. I see it a lot on Facebook, and in my social life.
    I do feel for you...

1|0
    0|0
    • I've always felt that way as well, that I was destined to be alone and that no one will ever understand me. I felt that way when I was younger, and then I stopped feeling that way.. but now I'm beginning to believe it. I just can't see myself in a relationship ever again. I can't see myself loving someone again.

• So why is it that you can't see yourself loving someone again?

• I don't know I guess this is just fresh for me still and I still feel hurt.

• I hated being single at 14-19 :-P
    I waited till I got out of HS an well in college to change it. Not all girls I dated were marriage material but I didn't think about that yet. I met my wife at 20 and have never been lonely since then

1|0
    0|0
  • all the time. though i have always liked it this way since i was raised by people who are miserable and dont know how to live life.

but i have been appreciating it a lot lately now that it helps me focus on how exactly i want to mold up my life

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah, i do despite having people that are there for me.

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 2

• it happens to everyone. I have a friends with benefits I go to when I feel like this. I say... you at least talk to people online

0|0
    0|0
  • I recently went though a breakup as well, my friends all cut me off because they were mutual friends with my ex. I feel incredibly lonely as well, my ex was my best friend and we lived together and saw each other every day and now I don't ever get human contact. The worst was thinking I could win him back, I put myself though a month of pain trying to be his friend and showing him I'm good for him. Now I have cut all contact and he was the last person who would talk to me. I feel empty. It gets really bad sometimes because I don't even have a job and can't seem to find one, so I don't even have any human interaction. :/

1|0
    0|0
    • Aww I know exactly how you feel. I tried really hard to get him back too. I actually went no contact hoping he would come back to me but now after two months I realize that isn't going to happen. He ended up blocking me from everywhere and literally cut me out of his life. It seems as though he's just so happy to move on and I'm left so hurt and alone. Before he blocked me on Facebook he made sure that I saw he is in a new relationship and even posted a photo of them together. That was so hurtful.

I hope you meet new people and find something to keep you busy. It's hard but we gotta have hope.

• Show All
    • Yeah I've never been able to keep in touch with any of my exes except for one, because it didn't end badly but we just fell out of love. Not so much for everyone else. And definitely not this ex.

• Yeah, there is no way to be friends with an ex if you still romantically want to be with them or if things ended in a horrible way. The other ex's I still catch up with if I see them and am friendly but have no intention of being in their lives ever.

Recommended myTakes