What does my ex boyfriend mean by this text?

My ex boyfriend wrote this text to me today after 2 weeks of no contact...

Hi (my name) hope your doing well. I'm sorry for how things worked out for us. I did what felt right but will always wonder also. I have realised that I may not have been ready myself... With my vices I'm not happy with. Once again I hope your well. I hope it wouldn't be weird if we were to bump into each other.

Wondering what this would be interpreted as. I have not responded because I don't know what to say.

In the middle of doing no contact as well. A bit confused and don't wanna annoy, seem needy, act desperate or say the wrong thing either.

Opinions please. Thanks in advance.

12

Most Helpful Guy

• Just seems to me he is looking for some friendly closure. I would just text him back and say no hard feelings but I guess it just wasn't for us. Or something like that. That way he won't think you are wanting to try again but it will tell him you can move on with no hard feelings.

• Already still a bit cut up over this. I just don't understand why he would need to remind me it is over when he already dumped me before.

Most Helpful Girl

• It sounds like a very thoughtful apology.

I'd thank him, say you have always respected him greatly. Say that you're not quite sure how you feel about anything, but you appreciate the courtesy of his note.