Getting over someone you never met?

I recently got out of a relationship with a man who used me. He literally was not who I made him out to be in my head. Any suggestions on how to get over him? Personal experience? Anything to stop the tears?

Updates:
I did know him in person and such. He just pretended to be a totally different person than he really was.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Well you chose to not be a door mat. Excellent. I went through the same thing a few times. Mostly my fault from dumb choices. Over time you will be a smarter happier person. What you can do is see how grateful you are to not be in the situation still. You can help others in need and help others with a smile and a helping hand. Keep your chin up you did good.

2|0
    0|0
    • Take care and ty for mh

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 2

• I am truly sorry you had to go through something like that, I honestly do not understand what guys think when they play with girls feelings.
    I don't know what to say when you ask how to get over him, I guess you just have to remember that this is probably for the best. Chances are you two were never going to meet or get together, and it would have probably hurt even more letting him go at that point. Now you can move on and find someone worth your time and someone who will treat you like a princess and love you for who you are :)

1|0
    0|0
  • Sounds painful sorry

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 3

• I remember I had a long distance relationship with a guy in Australia. We never met, but I was heartbroken we were so close. And the only comfort I had was one my cats coming on every night for two weeks in a row to lay by me at night. I didn't each much either. So, yes it's ok to cry because I'd stay up at night crying over this guy. Hope you feel better.

1|0
    0|0
  • Well, you can thank yourself that you never did meet him and let it get any further. Imagine how bad that would have been. If it was online, you might want to just busy yourself online doing something else, or basically do anything to get your mind off of him.

0|0
    0|0
  • That is the problem with long distance or online relationships when they disappear the uncertaincy drives you insane going through something similar right now I have taken first step by deleting number.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes