Did I make the right decision? have you ever felt this way before?

my ex had been distant. i could feel that he no longer was interested in me, he liked to hang out with his friends more and he texted less and less. i knew he would never break up with me even if he had no interest in me because he is that type of a guy, a nice guy. i didn't want to annoy him with my text anymore and didn't want to make him miserable so i told him we should just be friends. he didn't seem to argue and agreed. now he is going out with his previous ex and he seems happy. its been 5 months since the break up but i literally think of him everyday. some days i hate him, some days i miss him, its an emotional ride. i should be happy for him but i feel so miserable. has anyone felt this way before? have i made the right decision?

11