How do I stop posting on Twitter?

I have my ex on twitter, and i know whatever i post he will see, so I constantly feel the need to post stuff. How do I stop this constant need

(no contact - 1 month)

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• So wait, do you feel you need to post things to prove to him that you've moved past him? Or that you're not thinking about him? The best way to prove to someone else that you're doing alright without them is to prove it to yourself. Try not to worry about what he may think of you. Create your own happiness for yourself. It will only improve your self-confidence in the end. The best way to show that you've gotten over someone is to prove to yourself that you are happy.

0|0
    0|0
    • I haven't even been posting to prove to him that I've moved on, it's more so in the hopes that I'll post something and he'll see it and contact me, it's consuming me.

• Show All
    • It's difficult, and there is no universal answer for everyone. Time helps of course but it's not everything. When you don't have that person in your life anymore you may feel really lonely. It's good to talk to your friends more, and try to talk to other people more too. Not necessarily to find someone else, but to just slowly remove the void that you may be feeling. At the same time I stand by what I originally said about only truly moving on when you try to create your own happiness. I wish you well.

• Thank you for the kind words, I'm going to do my best to create my own happiness and focus on doing things that make me happy for the sake of being happy and not for the sake of appearing happy to someone else. Thanks again, and here's to hoping I'll one day move on, hopefully one day soon!

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 3

• How about you switch to Facebook, because Twitter is for Beliebers and Directioners who ask "Wats Obamas last name?"

0|0
    0|0
  • you block him and post again

0|0
    0|0
  • Remove him... or remove yourself from the site. It's a dumb site anyway

0|0
    0|0
    • nope, tried, and i've never experienced that much anxiety in my life before

• Then you're just defeating yourself

What Girls Said 2

• Delete your Twitter account, block him, or block him and lock your account.

0|0
    0|0
    • I did, but I only lasted a day before I literally couldn't stand not having it anymore. I literally had a panic attack

• Show All
    • This is all the counseling I can afford sadly

• Yeah, I get that. Try and talk to your friends and your family. Build yourself a support group and maybe create a schedule of when you're on Twitter and the internet. Slowly start dialing it back. You said quitting cold turkey didn't work, so maybe just try and take it slow.

• delete your account.

1|0
    0|0
    • I did, but I only lasted a day before I literally couldn't stand not having it anymore. I literally had a panic attack

• Show All
    • Thanks! I'm going to try this, I think it may take me a little longer. I've already gone 2 weeks without posting but still feel that need

• Your welcome! You can do it. I do this occasionally with fb I'll deactivate my account so I can't go on it anymore. It's hard at first but the break is so refreshing.

Recommended myTakes