When you tell yourself you won't find anyone better again, is it true?

Or is it possible you're in denial or something. or will things get better. *sigh*

38

Most Helpful Guy

• True isn't the issue. Consider the odds. There are currently about 5500 x 1 million people on this planet, half of them the opposite gender than you. A basic principle of marketing (which is really all that finding and maintaining a partner is about} is that the more of a commodity there is, the less any single item is worth in terms of the currency used to buy that item. In other words, don't try to hang onto a raindrop in a storm.
    Along that same line of thinking, there is shear practicality. Doesn't matter if it's someone you have your eye on, someone you are partnered with, or someone who has left you, there are outside factors such as busses and falling pianos that could come along and eliminate the problem entirely.
    Of course no words can mitigate the experience you are going through, but one thing is almost a guarantee. If you are 18-24 as your header suggests, then what you will find appealing in a partner 10 years hence is going to be a wholeee lot different than what you want now. Yeah maybe chemistry is important in the short term, but down the road it matters about as much as a stick of butter in the summer sun.

Most Helpful Girl

• it isn't true. we are at denial when things didn't work out well but once we get over it, we know there are better people out there

• thanks, I needed someone to say something. I can't stand to end this relationship even though I know its for the best. I really just have never had so much in common w/ someone or made so many future plans.

• i went through before too and thought i had found soulmate but unfortuantely in life things doesn't always go according to our wishes/plans. people do grow apart and thats sad...
      we just have to be strong enough to face reality