When you tell yourself you won't find anyone better again, is it true?

Or is it possible you're in denial or something. or will things get better. *sigh*

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• True isn't the issue. Consider the odds. There are currently about 5500 x 1 million people on this planet, half of them the opposite gender than you. A basic principle of marketing (which is really all that finding and maintaining a partner is about} is that the more of a commodity there is, the less any single item is worth in terms of the currency used to buy that item. In other words, don't try to hang onto a raindrop in a storm.
    Along that same line of thinking, there is shear practicality. Doesn't matter if it's someone you have your eye on, someone you are partnered with, or someone who has left you, there are outside factors such as busses and falling pianos that could come along and eliminate the problem entirely.
    Of course no words can mitigate the experience you are going through, but one thing is almost a guarantee. If you are 18-24 as your header suggests, then what you will find appealing in a partner 10 years hence is going to be a wholeee lot different than what you want now. Yeah maybe chemistry is important in the short term, but down the road it matters about as much as a stick of butter in the summer sun.

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• it isn't true. we are at denial when things didn't work out well but once we get over it, we know there are better people out there

1|0
    0|0
    • thanks, I needed someone to say something. I can't stand to end this relationship even though I know its for the best. I really just have never had so much in common w/ someone or made so many future plans.

• i went through before too and thought i had found soulmate but unfortuantely in life things doesn't always go according to our wishes/plans. people do grow apart and thats sad...
      we just have to be strong enough to face reality

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 7

• Better - is relative.
    Growing is a process of losing the old (however favorite at the time) in order to don the new, which is better suited and becomes a favorite.
    Unless you are captured by a guy w/o any alternate choices, I tend to believe that we all improve & receive "better" as we change partners... unless one gets lazy & settles.

There are more than just one "soulmate" out there.

1|0
    0|0
  • Usually that's low self esteem talking, but sometimes it just means you really think you've found the one.

1|0
    0|0
    • I know but I'm talking after you broke up. My first serious relationship besides all the bad things was so perfect. and now I feel like I'll never find someone as good again even though I broke up with him. :( I had good reason to but now I seem to be focusing on all the positive things that happened with us and it really sucks :'(

• In that case, most of the time it's just you wanting to go back to a place you know you shouldn't. It will be tough but you need to be strong about it. Don't look back.

• I beleive we tell that to ourselves to really understand we will never meet somone like (joe) or (Ashley) and its true we wont. We find (steve) and (catalina) new people.

0|0
    0|0
  • Ya. because what you have is true. Future is always uncertain. What if u get a bad than current one. Try to repair what u have instead of hanging in uncertain future.

0|0
    0|0
  • Having a negative and defeatist attitude usually makes one more unattractive. But there may be some people willing to overlook it.

0|0
    0|0
  • Maybe it is or maybe it isn't the fact it you can't possible know for sure.

0|0
    0|0
  • yep.. surely they will.. always remember this that after the night comes the dawn.. ^_^

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 2

• Just give it time to dwell on the break-up, take your mind off it. Doing some fun things can speed up your mood and attitude towards love. Unless men get extinct, its impossible not to find anyone else better!.

0|0
    0|0
  • That is normally said when you feel the loss of that person of not having them as yours, things will get better for you :)

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes