In terms of actions, what would it take for you to break up with a partner for 'cheating'?

Say your partner starts to 'wonder' and hook up with someone else. At which point would you say 'NO, fuck off we're done'.

Everyone has a different tolerance but most people would probably bail out even from the least worse options… at what point would you break up with someone considering the options below...

A - Flirting with someone else
B - Giving WAY more attention to someone else
C - Hanging out with someone else behind their bf/gf's back
D - Kissing/making out with someone else
E - Oral sex or using hands with someone else
F - Full penetrative sex with someone else
G - I wouldn't break up with them

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• C - Hanging out with someone else behind their bf/gf's back
    Because that's lying and betraying in my opinion and too childish. Dont have time for games.

And everything from D-F is considered cheating enough to breakup.
    I'd get jealous if A and B things happened, but I'd be willing to work on those things.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• If we're in a committed relationship:

E and F. D usually happens with alcohol so if I love her I'll let this slide and she'll be on thin ice. If the behavior persists which sometimes this does I'm out.

I lived next to an engaged couple once who were very much in love, but every time we would hang out and drink she would be all over me. Even in front of him. One night when we we're drunk we made out quickstyle and then stopped. He found out and in the end said that's just how she is when she drinks. It never happened again but I found out later that I wasn't the first. For me that is cut. I wouldn't entertain that kind of continued behavior whether alcohol is involved or not.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 6

• C and beyond. I think most couples exchange in some healthy flirting behaviors... not really sure about B. But C and beyond is yucky.

0|0
    0|0
  • A, if you can be distracted at all you're not in love. But it also depends on if he's said the l word yet or not actually

0|0
    0|0
  • All the above tbh

0|0
    0|0
  • This is one I can't answer because I want a guy who's taken and I am also taken.

0|0
    0|0
  • no
    no
    maybe
    yes
    yes
    yes
    X

0|0
    0|0
    • actually a & b are maybe

• D) Kissing/making out with someone else. He'd be on thin ice with the other stuff, but if it's D - I'm out.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 6

• I'd say that C would be where I'd draw the line. I wouldn't be real happy with A, but I could deal with it. B would be where I would start getting suspicious, but C would be when the lying starts, and as soon as that happens, it's over.

If she's lying about hanging out with someone, then I wouldn't be able to trust her anymore, and trust is extremely important in a relationship.

0|0
    0|0
  • Depending on what impression I got during our conversations and whether or not she explicitly denied seeing the other D. Definitely E or F. Maybe not D if they were drunk and definitely not D if we were married.

0|1
    0|0
  • C through F. My ex girlfriend did C through F to me and I just stopped talking to her. No official break up or anything i just NC'ed her. Fuck that fucking whore. Ruined my whole view on relationships.

0|0
    0|0
  • C- My ex is just a flirty character and I guess I had to just deal with it because I love her soo much, but she had this so called friend that she would always talk with and she would even talk to me about him and that just made me explode. But behind someones back is instant breakup. I would even say that is worse than kissing someone else. Because I could understand at a party your drunk and you kiss someone and then eventually i would learn to forgive after a while... but behind someones back is a no go

0|0
    0|0
  • A - I don't play. If she wants to play then she can be on her way.
    Why? I've never met anyone I flirted with I wasn't thinking about screwing.

0|0
    0|0
  • B is uncomfortable.
    C is getting pretty sketchy and borderline.
    D = byebye, no hesitation.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes