Need help. Any advice would be greatly appreciated?

Basically I was in a committed relationship for six months. We ate all our meals together, she even practically moved into my dorm room, we slep together most nights. Everything was great until the last month. The semester ended and we had to part ways. I decided to join the army. She left me when I did. I don't blame her, we are simply on different paths in life. Our breakup was mutual. It's been 3.5 months now, and I feel terrible. I don't miss HER at all really, but every night when I go to sleep I feel terribly lonely. I spoon a second pillow every night and try to fall asleep as quickly as possible before the ache can set in. I long so much for the company. I don't really know what to do at this juncture. I leave for basic in 6 weeks now, so I don't feel comfortable trying to kindle a new relationship, but I feel so terrible I'd be willing to try anything. Any advice you have would be greatly appreciated.

20

Most Helpful Girl

• I am a military wife and my husband has been deployed for almost 2yrs now. I completely understand missing that closeness. The only thing I can tell you is what I do which is I have a body length pillow that lays next to me in bed and I usually try to fall asleep with the TV on which keeps my mind from thinking about the fact he is not next to me. I also use it for the noise to a point since I am use to falling asleep to his snoring... lol I also have two bigger dogs that will some times lay on the bed and sleep for a little bit which helps sometimes. However since you are leaving for basic soon getting a pet really isn't an option for you. It will just take time to adjust is all.

Which isn't necessarily a bad thing since you will be off to basic and will have a much smaller bed to sleep on in a room full of guys. So start conditioning yourself for it now.

• Yea, I've thought about that myself. I'm sure it'll be better when the bed gets smaller. This full bed is twice as big as I'm used to, on top of being a person short.