Should I let my cheating ex boyfriend visit me for his birthday?

Okay so I know the answer to this sounds pretty obvious, but just hear me out. I was in a long distance relationship for almost a year, we visited each other whenever we could, but that wasn't very often. So I decided to move across the country to live with my now ex boyfriend. While I was there I found out that he had cheated on me with at least 8 different girls, multiple times each.

Obviously I was incredibly hurt and decided to break up with him and move back home. He has still been trying to get me back, I broke up with him two months ago but had to live with him for a month after that because planning a move across the country takes time. So I have only been back home for a month. So he keeps telling me that he wants to fly over here to visit me for my birthday, which is in October. I'm still angry about what he did but I do miss him at the same time. I told myself that I was gonna move on no matter how much I wanted to run back to him.

So what I was thinking is that since his birthday isn't for another 3 months, and I've already been back for 1 month, is 4 months enough time to move on so that I won't have any feelings for him if I see him again? I just don't want to make progress with moving on, and then have him here for a week and start missing him again once he's gone. Is it a bad idea to let him visit me and should I just tell him not to come? Or could I still see him as friends for his birthday and not develop feelings for him again?

I guess what I'm really trying to say is, is it too soon? I'm just really confused as to what I should do and any advice would be greatly appreciated!

11

Most Helpful Guy

• No you should not see him. If he couldn't give you the pleasure of being loyal to you, why should you give him the pleasure of your company?