Is it time to finally break up with my boyfriend?

I've been with my boyfriend for 2.5 years. For the past nine months I've lived a two hour drive away, so we don't really get to see each other that much. He's a good person deep down, but lately he just hasn't been putting much effort into the relationship and he's been taking me for granted. Here are some of the things he's done:

-didn't make any effort whatsoever on my birthday. I invited him along to my party and he said he "didn't feel like it"
-never talks about the future, and if I ask about the future he's vague and changes the subject or hangs up
-always puts his life before mine and forgets things that are happening in my life
-he comes to visit me about once every two months (which I really appreciate as it's a long drive for him). But when he gets here, all he wants to do is eat or lie around (never wants to go out for dinner or go swimming, hiking etc)

When I stop talking to him for a few days he starts calling a lot and apologising for his behaviour and says he loves me. But he does the same thing again in a few days or so.

What do you think I should do?

01

What Guys Said 1

• End the relationship. Its nothing bad, but it has run its course and you both have grown apart and changed. The fear of change keeps you both hanging on. Its easy to become complacent and settle. You are both young and your lives have grown apart. Don't force it any longer.
    Its time you both can live your lives in the directions they are going without worries or attachments to the past.
    No one has done anything wrong, you are just different people is all.

What Girls Said 0