My ex's birthday is coming in a weeks time, what should I do?

My ex's birthday is coming in a weeks time and she's blocked me everywhere on all the social networks and in the phone, should I send her just a happy birthday, or should I do my specialty which is writing long ass texts, I mean she used to love that but I think I'm the last person she would want to hear from on her birthday... What should I do?

Bear in mind, I cheated on her then we got back together and she cheated on me, and so we both thought we were even, and then we sort of lost trust and argued almost everyday, but I don't know why I'm so weak I still love her !!!

34

Most Helpful Guy

• How would you send her the text if she blocked you everywhere? Give her a card personally? I mean... some will say don't do it cause it shows you are weak and still thinking of her. ( By the way, how long ago did she become an ex? and what happened, who decided to split and did it turn nasty? )
    Some will say do it.
    Ultimately you should start thinking about you: what YOU think this happy birthday will get you, how will this affect YOU, how will YOU feel afterwards.
    As a guy in your position, just that it was EXACTLY a year ago... I did it. i wrote her a message. Don't know what i was thinking or expecting to get, i just did it. I didn't expect anything because her behaviour that far showed me how things will go and i had no expectations at all. My story is a hell more complicated than yours. I BET THAT.
    I did it. And it felt good. I proved myself that i'm special. i proved that i'm not that kind of guy to talk trash about the girl just because she acted like an idiot. It was my way of saying goodbye FOR GOOD !
    She never tried to contact at all. You should expect that. Don't get your hopes high that she'll realize what she lost. Don't expect her to turn the favour back and write you on your birthday, she won't ! If you want to ask some other questions regarding this issue, go ahead.

• Keep it short, no long ass messages. Short. I remember i signed it with full name to keep it as formal as possible. It was pretty deep, but formal altogether. Like i said, i was already feeling/seeing her differently and i wanted to distance myself even more so i made it as formal as possible. No smoochies, no "i remember when...", no XOXOXO at the end. Formal. Think at competition. Someone you need to grow, but at the same time, want to leave behind in a cloud of dust. If you watch Suits, think at what Harvey Spectre would write to Louis Litt. Something like that. Show you know it's her birthday and that you took the time and went out of the way to write her, but don't over do it.

• Thanks for MH. I have a pretty strict policy regarding cheating and it's unacceptable in my opinion. Like i said, tell her happy birthday, but don't expect anything. Even more than that, let go. Say happy birthday but nothing more. Leave it like that, this relationship is long gone. You cheated, she cheated, you lost trust in eachother. It's not going to work. Plus, try and stop cheating if that's a habit.