Men, why does my ex continue to contact me?

My ex told me he no longer wants to be with me (after 11 years together), and from what I have heard, he's dating someone. I told him when I moved out that we cannot be friends. That is not an option. So, why does he continue to text and come to my home? He also knows he will not get ex sex... So what is the reason for the contact? Any thoughts would be appreciated.

18

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 7

• He obviously still feels for you, but I guess he also wants to do some closure if given the chance.

• He obviously still "cares" about me. Yay me... lol... I still <3 this man and every time he texts or shows up, it takes me back a few steps in my "grieving". It sucks so much!!! :(

• Yes I do. He literally just texted me... ugh!!!

• If it really bothers you, you can just tell him to stop.

• 11 years is a lot of time to spend with someone. Even if you were not married and have no kids (you might I don't know your situation) he still probably values your company and wants to go back to what he's used to, except without the romantic part.

• Yes it is a LONG time. We do not have kids together. We did have dogs. I know... trust me, it sucks. I lost my best friend. I can't be friends.

• If you can't be friends then break off contact with him. You've already told him so and now all you have to do is not answer his texts and tell him to leave if he shows up.

• He most likely still likes u, u should ask him why he keeps contacting u , but if u dont want to contact him u should try the no contact rule

• I don't know if it's that. I think it's just the length of time we were together and letting go of that and the friendship. :(

• Its not that u think that it is that he's use to you he hasn't broken out of the habit of leaving you out of his life he may she still want to fix things ( what ever the problem may be)

• Wants a quick shag and prolly leave you again so let him go

• He knows that will NEVER happen, so...

• if you have kids then it might be that

• they wanna fuck you

• He knows that isn't an option. And if he's happily with someone, why would he want me?

What Girls Said 1

• You have to ignore it, make him see you're SERIOUS. Or you can tell him do not contact me for friendship. I have already told you it can't be that way, period.