Why did he keep his ex's stuff?

I've been dating a guy for a few months. He's kind and attentive and good sex. However, I suspect he may not be over his ex. The relationship of 10 years ended a year and a half ago. I notice a lot of female items around his place, such as skin care, hair care, etc. I know he is not cheating on me. Is this behavior typical of someone who isn't over their ex? What should I do? He doesn't show any other typical signs of being on the rebound, but I know the break up was very painful.

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 0

Be the first guy to share an opinion
and earn 1 more Xper point!

What Girls Said 1

• I don't find this strange at all. I'm very sentimental and every guy I've dated, I asked them for a sweater or a bracelet or something to remember them by. I even have a "memory box" which is just a shoe box where I keep old notes, drawings kids from school made for me, old school IDs, cards, etc. in. It doesn't mean that I'm still into these guys, I've completely moved on and am currently in a relationship, but I'm just really sappy like that. So I wouldn't sweat it. It could be possible he's not over his ex, and if that's the case, there's not much you can do about it. You could confront him, but that'll do more harm than good, and ultimately, won't change how he feels. Don't look into it. Just be supportive of him and in time, he should get over it.

1|1
    1|1
    • And just because he still has feelings for his ex, doesn't mean he doesn't love you or he loves her more than you. There are some people that come in your life and change you forever and will always have a place in your heart even after you've moved on.

Recommended myTakes