Advice on getting over this break up?

My boyfriend broke up with me four days ago and I've been crying on and off ever since. He said the reason for the break up is that he cannot do long distance and we'd have to if we stay together because I'm going to college.

From the beginning (2 and a half months ago), I said I didn't want to do long distance but he convinced me to give it a chance and talk about what to do during Thanksgiving break. But now this break up caught me by surprise. He was the first person I've ever loved (yeah high school relationship I know I know) and I lost my virginity to him (which might not be a big deal for him but is a pretty big deal for me) and he said he definitely wont' break up with me before August. I know these are stupid reasons for feeling betrayed but I still feel betrayed and rejected.

The thing is, there's this guy that asked me out on a date to cheer me up after I told him I got dumped. He kissed me and stuff, but it felt so familiar (like I was with him but I imagined I was kissing my ex). It also felt so much like I was cheating on my ex. Needless to say there was not a second date.

Is there any way for me to get over it quickly? It just hurts because there were "promises" and I put a lot into it and now it's just over and I still feel like he controls my life. It feels like I gave a big part of me away and now I can't have it back because he has it. I'm tired of crying and I want to get over it now. Help?

12

Most Helpful Girl

• My advice is to forget about him. I know, it hurts, and you're right. He was a big deal. If you're tired of crying, that's a good sign. You're ready to get over him. Yoy said you feel like he has a part of you right? Take that part back, and get away from him. It will hurt less. And as for your friends.. think of them as a mistake you made. You accidentally made bad friends. It's okay. Now you know what fake friends are like. But youd knoe what? Next time, you'll learn from your mistakes and make better friends. If you absolutely have to, list everything bad about your boyfriend. It'll make you feel better about letting go. And yay you're going into college now! So am I! A chance to make new, true friends, and a boyfriend to be with for 4+ years! You've cried enough, so now just forget about it. Okay? :) I'm sure he was a good guy, but now you'll find one that loves you even more with all his heart. Message me if you want!