What's a good way to tell a girl that it's time we both move on?

We've been together for over 5 yrs, and lately we just aren't as close as we used to be. We still love each other so much, but it seems we've just been living together for the benefit of splitting rent and bills. We have gone through some issues lately ( mostly me and some hers) but ever since then things haven't been the same. I don't know what to do, she really does mean the world to me though. A break won't work we've tried that.

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Hmm that seems like a difficult situation. If you two both feel like you're not as connected and are both on the same page, maybe tell her how you feel, about how you love her and how she means the world to you Try to maybe be sensitive about it. Then maybe explain your feelings about losing the connection and hopefully she'll understand! Just don't say something cliche like "It's not you its me" Be original, sweet and put yourself in her position and decide how you think she'd take it best! Hopefully she'll understand!

Good Luck :)

0|0
    0|0
    • Ya it does seem like neither of us want to hurt each other but I believe we both feel that it's time to maybe move on if we reconnect them so be it. But I know myself and I will alway think there's somebody out there better, after things she's done.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 3

• You need to put effort into making things work together if you really want to stay together. You've been together for a long time so maybe you just need to spend some time remembering why you fell in love. Go out together, do things you used to do, go for a cheap weekend away. You can re light that spark. I hope it works out between the two of you :)

0|0
    0|0
  • maybe you guys have stopped being romantic and appreciating each other. read men are from mars women are from venus by john gray.

0|0
    0|0
  • maybe it's not a break you need. Maybe it's a real effort of rekindling what you started with. Try a trip away just the two of you. or a romantic dinner. Remind each other why you fell in love in the first place. Sometimes life makes its impossible to really spend time with your significant other, it can hurt a relationship.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 1

Recommended myTakes