Ex-girlfriend hard to read?

My ex girlfriend of 3 years broke up with me after a huge fight we had the day be for I was suppose to move away to a new city for job purposes we lived together for 2 years. We were best friends first and feel in love. 1 month after the break up I mailed her a diamond ring on her birthday (jared) and a card saying how much I loved her. She called and said she loved me too but need space from the relationship to find her self she is 22 I'm 28. 2 weeks later she called my mother to ask about the ring which my mother was clueless about, the talked about me and she told my mother she still loved me but was hurt by the fight we had. So after telling me she needed space I started to date again and realized she the only person I want to be with I called her and confessed about it and she played it off. 2 weeks later she calls me kinda upset that I was dating and asked how would I feel if she dated. We both agreed that we loved each other to deeply to be just friends and I just gave her the space she asked for. A month later she calls and leaves a sad VM saying I should caller back. She asked if I blocked her number and tells me about a sad situation she went through I sent her roses that day. She live in GA I live and CA now. We went back to light texting because she says we should take things slow and not talk about love. About week she called saying her can't sleep and we talked for 5 hours until she doses off. Now she calls every 2 days just to talk to me and says she misses hearing my voice. I so confused on how to get her to decide on what she wants ladies what should I do?
Updates:
Also yesterday day we talk for about a hour she told me a few secrets then she told me she loves me and misses me and wears my engagement ring but thinks she is gonna go out on a date with some guy she said isn't serious.
Also a few weeks ago i was tricked out on a date with a co worker out on a date that I told her about.. And the co worker has been like all of my FB comments that are MENT for my ex... Could she be paying me back

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Well, she's not playing fair considering that she's not giving you a yes or no answer. I'd honestly try to get the conversation towards clarifying that situation because you can't simply put your life on hold for this stuff.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 12

• If you guys TRULY love each other then fight for you guys relationship. Let her know you want her and will do anything to be with her and keep her. You guys have to learn to not only just stay together but to communicate through the rough patches and whatever issues come up because you will down the road think WHAT IF... i got her back... WHAT IF... i tried harder would we be together? It doesn't matter who fault it is work on the relationship TOGETHER.

0|0
    0|0
  • There is a large distance between you too... I think that you should consider if you play your cards and court her to see if you too ca work out again, will you be able to move back to GA? - after a relationship like yours, 3years - 2 of them living together, no one gets over that soo fast. The argument needs to obviously be settled - if you'd like to share details on that perhaps GAG can help. If you love her - make it work... Ask her on a date... Spend a weekend in GA.

0|0
    0|0
  • Sigh I'll admit us girls are a) very confusing (b) like to daydream and wish we had prince charming in our lives
    Maybe she thinks that you don't like her back, that you've moved on. Did you tell about how you feel about her now? I think she's confused too so she's telling you she still loves you and you'll always be in her heart but since now she thinks you don't share the same feelings with her, she'll try to move on. Either that or she's trying to see your reaction to if you truly love her or don't want to let go of her.
    So the question is how do you feel about her now?
    If you still love her then TELL HER for crying out loud but if you have totally moved on then I guess you should just tell her that its fine with you if she starts dating again and hope that you guys can stay as friends. Try not to hurt her feelings though, she does seem quite the sensitive one. Hope that was helpful in some way.

1|0
    0|0
    • I love her more than life it self... She has a ring from me I gave her on her birthday.. We where each other's first sexually. I didn't tell her until after the break that she was my first and she is kinda pissed about... Also she asked me a few years ago if I would wait till marriage for sex and I told her no like a jack ass but I would have.. She said she is really confused by that and doesn't know if working on our relationship is the best move right now. She does wanna get hurt again and I don't think her mother is too fond of me..

• Well tell her what you told me, that you honestly would have waited till marriage but you were so sure that she was the one and you have no regrets because you love her so much. That would make things clearer for her and maybe will help her decide about what to do with your relationship. I mean, its clear that she is very in love with you and that you are with her, I guess that there are just a few things in the air that need to be cleared up.
      If I were a friend of hers I would tell her:
      It is easy to close down after you've been hurt, I understand but don't let true love past you by, don't let fear win. No, instead let love win. Open up even when you are afraid or scared of getting hurt again. The risk if not opening, in the end, is far worse than the risk of opening.
      Hopefully you guys will work this out and your relationship be better and happier then ever :)

• She is young and you are still there to pick her up when she falls. Why not have the best of both? No commitment, but somebody there to comfort you when you need them. You may be waiting a long time for this one...

0|0
    0|0
    • What should I do I'm my posistion? I want her back... Should I stop picking her up or should I keep being there for her

• That decision is for you to make, but if you continue, she will continue to use you. If you stop she MIGHT miss the comfort and start to contact you more.

• Oh hun i understand. Give her time. And if she seems like she's moved on and she's happy, as much as it hurts, seeing her happy must brighten you up just a tad. But if things dont work out just go on to being friends. Who know you guys might just need time. My last relationship was for 3 years we broke up and got back together 6 mounths after. Feel better hun :)

0|0
    0|0
  • I think that she wants to know if you still love her. It seems like she probably does want to you to fly out to go see her. She may think that you don't want to try to make yall's relationship work again.

0|0
    0|0
    • I have giving her letters writing letters... Text her countless times in the beginning of the break up saying I love her... Back the she would ask me to stop confessing my love. She had meet all my family my mother and grandmother. I gave her a engagement ring for her birthday.. She has got to know I love her.

• You can tell someone that you love them all you want but it doesn't mean anything until you show them that you love them.

• Sounds like too much drama and confusion. If a girl wants to be with you, she will tell you. She seems like she is playing a weird game. She probably likes that you love her, knows you would commit any time and doesn't want to lose that, but at the same time doesn't want to fully commit herself to you. If she truly loved you, she wouldn't feel the need to date this other guy. As hard as it is to accept, and much easier said than done, I think you need to find another girl who won't play these games with you. A girl who will work with you and commit herself to you without confusion or question.

0|0
    0|0
  • yes book the flight sounds like love to me but she could just be hurt still and saying she's going on a date with someone else just to make you jealous or to see if you care you fixing it in person is what she needs to see is that you cared enough to travel across the world lol almost across the world to see her she still loves you just stay loyal and committed to her and do right by her until you can go out there and sort things in person and speak from the heart and tell her how much you care about her and how badly you wanna make this work with her everything will be fine when you guys stay close and work throughout your guys issues it will make your relationship stronger try not to fight with her the best thing to do is stay calm until she's calm and talk about it or drop it until the next day then talk about it but also before you get mad try seeing it in her perspective or just say sorry just to avoid conflict in ur relationship

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't feel like you gave enough info for me to make an educated decision.

0|0
    0|0
    • My ex girlfriend of 3 years broke up with me after a huge fight we had the day be for I was suppose to move away to a new city for job purposes we lived together for 2 years. We were best friends first and feel in love. 1 month after the break up I mailed her a diamond ring on her birthday (jared) and a card saying how much I loved her. She called and said she loved me too but need space from the relationship to find her self she is 22 I'm 28. 2 weeks later she called my mother to ask about the ring which my mother was clueless about, the talked about me and she told my mother she still loved me but was hurt by the fight we had. So after telling me she needed space I started to date again and realized she the only person I want to be with I called her and confessed about it and she played it off. 2 weeks later she calls me kinda upset that I was dating and asked how would I feel if she dated. We both agreed that we loved each and couldn't see each other with others

• Show All
    • Why didn't she move with you?

• She didn't move with me because she had a month of school left before she graduates. We both planned for her to move with me after graduation

• Hard to say, maybe it's time to have a serious talk with her. If she doesn't want to be with you then she's making it impossible for you to move on

0|0
    0|0
    • I definitely agree with this comment. It sounds like she's not entirely sure, so she's keeping you around until she decides.

• Why did you guys break up?

0|0
    0|0
  • she's probably tired of being "friends" who still love each other, she seems to love you and the fact that she said she's not over the argument could mean she wants to sit and talk about it so u guys can be over with it and get back together
    oooooor she could be making it up as u said to see what youd do, if u really do love her enough and ul realize it when u know there's a chance of losing her. id say resolve whatever the argument that caused the breakup was and see where things go from thee. 5 months is a long time to be friends with someone you love and know that they love you back. best of luck :)

0|0
    0|0
    • I told her the same thing... Let's talk about the argument or our old relationship so we can get over our past. She said that she doesn't know if us getting back together is the right move for her and it stress her out when when we talk about our relationship. She also likes to test me by doing things like this so I don't know really if there is a guy or is she just testing me? She tells me she love me and thinks about all day everyday but when I turn the convo to a serious one she gets all tense and said she is scared of being hurt by me. she wears my ring and still had tons of my things ipad, brackets, tvs which I didn't ask for back after the break up. She does live In ATL and I live in Cali... She ask questions about my future plans. I told her I went out on a date by accident and I think she is could be trying to get back at me because she keeps bring it up. A girl I told I was in love with my ex tricked me out on a date... And I told her about it and she kinda upset

• maybe she just likes kowing youl be there whenever she needs you. give her an ultimatum. let her know u need to know what exactly ur relationship is so u know if u should move on cause she doesn't seem to want anything serious with you again. and u seem to be trying hard to make her happy.

What Guys Said 3

• I'm Going To Give You My Unlicensed Professional Opinion, You've Asked For A Ladies Advice So iWill Partially Give You Mine, Your High In Your Emotions, You Need To Relax, Cut All Contact & Let Your Feelings Settle, Take Time Out To Self Heal, Dont Let Her Going On A Date Bother You, Unless You Guys Move Closer, iDont See How You Can Make It Work, Long Distance Relationships Are Tough, Stay Positive...

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes