Why a girl acts this way with an ex?

We had 8 years together, almost got married. Had some problems last months (no cheating) and she broke up with me.

Its been 2 months since the break up and a month since last time I talked to her.

She would keep posting things on FB related to me, but I didn't initiate any contact even when we were both online.

So a couple of days ago, I was commenting on a pic of a girl I recently met. Nothing romantic intended, it was a simple comment about a video game we play. Weird thing is, my EX liked my comment even when we had talked for a month and when she doesn't know this girl or even barely knows the game. The next day she removed the like.

The day after, I posted an upbeat and optimistic quote. This girl who is a model commented my post, and she also commented some the days before. Inmediatly my EX posted "Now you're just somebody that I used to know"

So at the end of the day, she deleted me from FB, but I can still find her and see her profile, so she didn't blocked me. She also hasn't deleted my friends or family except for my closest friend.

After talking to a mutual friend, he told me that she said "She told me she was going to do that, and that she was glad you were happy now but didn't want to witness that... and she's also pretty jeaolus of this new girl"

I want her back, I have improved myself in the last month, even got healthier and gain some weight. she's living abroad now and she said to my friend that she might be returning for September.

Should I try to recconnect with her?

02