My mom thinks I have "parental alienation syndrome" can you guys help me out?

I don't want to make this long but basically... My mom and dad broke up in 04 with a nasty custody battle. Then she came crying to his doorstep in 09. They got married, and I told him not to do it. I am now 17 and they're going through a divorce and my mom thinks my dad is alienating me. My dad told me all the stuff my mother really did back in 04 which included stealing $18,000 from him. Using her ex husbands name on her card and taking money from him, and more money scandals. She never has spent time with me growing up. If she did id have to beg her or she would bitch the whole time. I grew up extremely depressed. My dad took time out of work just to spend time with me, and he was there for me! When I was 6 living with my mom (half time) she would smoke in our apartment and wake me up with it after the many times I told her not too. At my house now she smokes as well but outside and it goes into my window and she still doesn't listen. Her alcoholic brother lives with us and he's so rude and he's drunk everyday and I'm so uncomfortable. At a concert one of my moms friends pushed me when she was drunk. It's this crazy long story and I want to live with my dad because he is such a great dad and I love him so much. I want to live him but my mom keeps trying to make me feel guilty. I don't even know if that was even a question maybe I just wanted to get my feelings out but what do you guys think? Sorry it it's long.

41

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm so sorry to hear about your parents. Unfortunely I don't know what is like to have divorced parents because they are still married. But I can tell you one thing I know what it's like to favor one parent over the other. Growing up I spent most of the time with my mom not that my dad wasn't a good father but he spent most of the time working to provide for us. Having a close relationship with you father is nothing to be ashamed of and definitely nothing to feel guilty about. Your mom should understand (although she won't because she's your mother) and accept what's best. If your life is being put in danger then you can go to court for your father to have full custody. Don't wait until it's too late, don't feel guilty, your conscious know what's right. Get your dad involved but also have a one on one talk with your mom to help her understand. The best advice I can give you is follow your heart it will take you to the right decision.

• The thing i think there is something wrong with my mom. She is bi polar or something. She is acting so crazy and she never spends time with me and chooses everyone over me.

• Get your dad involved. He is your best option. As a good father he knows what is best. Like I said if she is putting you through child neglect then the court may have to give your father either full or majority custody over you.