Love gone cousinly wrong?

I've been dating this guy for almost 2 years (ann. Sept 12th). We recently found out that were fourth cousins once removed. We have been secretly still dating because we hate the thought of breaking up because our relationship was so strong it's just been really devastating. We were very sexually active and still are. I'm about to start college I a couple weeks so we thought maybe breaking up was the best thing to do. We still wonder of we can stay together but are afraid of being judged by friends and family. We are also worried that we may have a mentally challenged child by breeding in the same family. We are so lost without each other that we don't know what to do. If I can't get advice, I at least need some comforting words.
I wish my family and friends were as understanding as you all. I have never met nicer, more understanding people.

113

Most Helpful Guy

• Your shared DNA is like 0.0977% (www.isogg.org/wiki/Autosomal_DNA_statistics)

Me personally, I don't think it's a big deal for you to do it. Fourth cousins is pretty damn far off the family tree.

Have you researched what impacts (if any) this could have on reproduction?

• I have but haven't gotten anywhere.

• Ok thank you this was really helpful

• You're welcome, and thank for MH.

I hope it all works out for you guys, and best of luck with it! :-)