Confused feelings for my ex?

I was in a long distance relationship with my ex for a year then we broke up after I found out he was lying to me and flirting with other girls. We stopped talking then started chatting here and there on facebook. My feelings are very confused. I don't want to date him again but I don't want to lose him as a person. It was very hard but I moved on, I don't hold a grudge or hate him for what he did, I'm just like whatever now. I'm not interested in him anymore but I want to keep talking to him as a friend. What does that mean?
Am I just making excuses?

11

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm Going To Give You My Unlicensed Professional Opinion, It's Not Wise To Become Friends With An Ex Right After A Break-Up, iKnow It's Tough & iKnow You Want Him In Your Life (As A Friend) But Now Is Not The Time. Take Some Time Off From This Guy, Cut All Contact & Take Time Out For Yourself. Let Your Emotions Die Down, Thats The Only Way You Guys Can Be Friends In The Future. If He Doesn't Like It, Then Oh Well, He Has To Live With It Cause You Being Friends With Him Is Just Hurting You, Believe Me It's For The Best & It Will Help Over Time, Stay Positive & Stay Strong...