Why am I still sad over my ex?

its been 2 months. i dont get why i still want him... we broke up on really good terms though.

i dont get why its hittting me so hard lately... how do i get oer this? any tips?

25

Most Helpful Guy

• Without knowing the details of the breakup, moving on to someone else has always worked wonders for me. Gives you someone else to focus on. If that doesn't work then reconsider why you ended it and if that was the right decision. Now you can't just go out with one guy and have it not work and then go back to him. If it doesn't work out with multiple guys and you still find yourself thinking about "him" maybe breaking up was a mistake

• well the thing is, he broke up with me. its the fact that i think its cause we ended it on really good terms thats made me a bit like mhmm. when we were breaking up and having a 'deep and meaningful convo', we were both still so touchy with each other, and even kissed each other?
      he broke up cause he says he can't have uni, friends, work and me at the same time, and its time limited and he can't put in the effort if he has no time for me... he says he'd rather see me get hurt now than get hurt later on...

the thing is, that the week before our breakup, everything was going extremely well, i felt happy more than ever with him, he even said he wanted me to sleep over one night every week.. then the week after he broke up. like people say its cause 'he realised he got attached' more than he was hoping and felt his freedoom loosing or soemthing. i don't know what do you think?

• Well it was hard at first. All I could think about was her. All the typical stuff. Songs on the radio that made me think of her. Certain commercials that always made her laugh would come on and make me think of her all that corny stuff. But eventually I got the guts to look for other women. As soon as another girl showed interest in me it was like my ex didn't even exist. I almost instantly stopped thinking about her. But even when I did I wasn't sad or anything because then I would think hey I'm with this girl now

• mhmm fair enough yeah thats good glad to hear that

Most Helpful Girl

• If this is your first heartbreak it's going to be a while. The first cut is the deepest and all that. Also if it ended abruptly you may have to move on with no closure which sucks. Basically, don't keep in contact with him and roll with the punches. You'll get over him eventually.

• this is my first but we ended on really good terms

• is it weird that we both were crying, and touchy and kissed each other during our breakup?

• It's probably not unprecedented