Why am I still sad over my ex?

its been 2 months. i dont get why i still want him... we broke up on really good terms though.

i dont get why its hittting me so hard lately... how do i get oer this? any tips?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Without knowing the details of the breakup, moving on to someone else has always worked wonders for me. Gives you someone else to focus on. If that doesn't work then reconsider why you ended it and if that was the right decision. Now you can't just go out with one guy and have it not work and then go back to him. If it doesn't work out with multiple guys and you still find yourself thinking about "him" maybe breaking up was a mistake

0|0
    0|0
    • well the thing is, he broke up with me. its the fact that i think its cause we ended it on really good terms thats made me a bit like mhmm. when we were breaking up and having a 'deep and meaningful convo', we were both still so touchy with each other, and even kissed each other?
      he broke up cause he says he can't have uni, friends, work and me at the same time, and its time limited and he can't put in the effort if he has no time for me... he says he'd rather see me get hurt now than get hurt later on...

the thing is, that the week before our breakup, everything was going extremely well, i felt happy more than ever with him, he even said he wanted me to sleep over one night every week.. then the week after he broke up. like people say its cause 'he realised he got attached' more than he was hoping and felt his freedoom loosing or soemthing. i don't know what do you think?

• Show All
    • Well it was hard at first. All I could think about was her. All the typical stuff. Songs on the radio that made me think of her. Certain commercials that always made her laugh would come on and make me think of her all that corny stuff. But eventually I got the guts to look for other women. As soon as another girl showed interest in me it was like my ex didn't even exist. I almost instantly stopped thinking about her. But even when I did I wasn't sad or anything because then I would think hey I'm with this girl now

• mhmm fair enough yeah thats good glad to hear that

Most Helpful Girl

• If this is your first heartbreak it's going to be a while. The first cut is the deepest and all that. Also if it ended abruptly you may have to move on with no closure which sucks. Basically, don't keep in contact with him and roll with the punches. You'll get over him eventually.

0|1
    0|0
    • this is my first but we ended on really good terms

• Show All
    • is it weird that we both were crying, and touchy and kissed each other during our breakup?

• It's probably not unprecedented

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 4

• I'm Going To Give You My Unlicensed Professional Opinion, Stop Holding On, Deep Down Your Holding On That You Guys Will Rekindle The Flame, But You Need To Tell Yourself That It won't Happen ( Even If It Does In The Future.) Find A Hobby & Keep Yourself Occupied, Stop Thinking About Him, Do Stuff That Makes YOU Happy. It Will Take Time But Believe Me Over Time You WILL Start To Feel Better, Stay Strong & Stay Positive...

0|0
    0|0
  • Took me almost a year to get over my ex before. I think you need to look at the reason you two broke up for. And see how that would ever be able to be solved if you want to get back together with him. If it is something out of your control it's going to take a long time for you to get over it depending on how much the person meant to you.

0|0
    0|0
  • Either fix it or choose to be happy. It really is that simple.

0|0
    0|0
    • well my question is how do i fix it thats the issue

• Show All
    • e broke it off because he says he can't juggle uni work friends and me at the same time. he says he'd rather see me get hurt now than continue this relationship where he knows he can't pay back the effort that i put in and see me get even more hurt later on. he says its not fair how im always going to his, (well caues i dont want him over at mine, andi told him i legit dont mind driving). when we were breaking up, we were still so touchy, and cuddly and we even kissed each other. and he started crying and was like 'i hardly ever cry over anything'. he told me that i sell myself short of my intelligence.

i guess he's moved on if he's broken it off with me

• I feel you need to move on and be happy you did. Go out more and be attentive of what you see and remember all you learn. There are some lessons from your last relationship that will be hard for you to understand.

• It took my 7 months to get over mine I no how u feel constantly thinking about them waiting for them to text u it's a tough time :(

0|0
    0|0
    • how long did you guys go out for?

• Show All
    • glad to hear that you're truly happy :)

• :) !!

What Girls Said 1

• Hi, it's been 6 months and I'm still not over my ex.
    I think a part of the reason is that we got back after 8 months of breaking up the last time..
    Well, it's normal to not be over them especially when you've ended it on good terms.

Do you guys still speak? If you do, I honestly think you should cut off. It is impossible for you to get over an ex who you have ended it on good terms.
    Why did you break up, btw?

0|0
    0|0
    • we dont speak the last time we spoke was like a month ago and it was catching up after exams. (we broke up before that).

he broke it off because he says he can't juggle uni work friends and me at the same time. he says he'd rather see me get hurt now than continue this relationship where he knows he can't pay back the effort that i put in and see me get even more hurt later on. he says its not fair how im always going to his, (well caues i dont want him over at mine, andi told him i legit dont mind driving). when we were breaking up, we were still so touchy, and cuddly and we even kissed each other. and he started crying and was like 'i hardly ever cry over anything'. he told me that i sell myself short of my intelligence.

• Show All
    • What's your user?

• "idontlikeusernames" lol

Recommended myTakes