Hot and Cold? Happy relationship ends out of nowhere?

I was dating this amazing guy. He is 30 and I am 26. We had a super happy relationship, I was seen as part of his family and friends circle and he was the same in my family and friends. We dated for almost 6 months. He told me he loved me about a month in, we saw each other 4-5 times a week. He said I was The One, that he wanted me to be the mother of his children, he talked of marriage, getting a dog and buying a house in the next year. I agreed with all of this and was very happy to hear it, but he was the one who initiated these conversations/topics. He went away for a weekend on a guys fishing trip a week before our breakup. When he returned on the Sunday, he was acting madly in love, brought me to the place we went on our first date, told me he thought about me and our future all weekend and that he feels he can do anything with me on his side... he said a year from now we would buy our own house. I live on my own, he lives at home. He was awesome and super lovey-dovey for the rest of the week.
Come Saturday, he broke up with me out of nowhere. He said he is unhappy in life, claims he is not ready for a relationship and is not over his past relationship - which was 2 YEARS AGO!
Do I wait... do I move on? Why would he do this? I am so shocked and sad. Is there any chance that this could be worked out?
  • Move on
  • Wait for him

12

Most Helpful Guy

• If he is in a situation where he isn't over things then time is what he needs, but it doesn't mean that he is going to come back to you. Some of this sounds like he was trying to force things so that he could keep him mind off things that were bothering him. I think at some point he realized that he was doing you a disservice and he didn't want to get married to you knowing he wasn't as in love with you as her thought he was. it happens. Then again maybe he found someone else, got kidnapped by aliens, or is a pod person. Point is you can try to talk about it with him, but there is a good chance they guy you were with wasn't being truthful with himself or you. Im not saying he is a jerk, Im just telling you that he isn't there mentally.
    Sorry to hear that happened.

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm always skeptical of too good and too much all too soon. There seems to be a catch to it or strings attached everytime.