I found myself asking out a old high school flame and wanting to divorce my wife after 16 years of marriage and 3 kids. I dream of other women?

My wife is not unattractive. However, I crave conversation and emotional intensity in a relationship. In spite of her physical attractiveness, I am bored trying to converse with her. For many years we had no meaningful conversation at all. I am well educated professor and she has an associates degree. Should I divorce her and find a more conversant spouse or try to stick it out. I am currently not in love with her and told her this. The one thing I like is that I am familiar with her and she helps raise the kids. We had some marriage counseling.
  • Should I stay with my wife?
  • Should I divorce here?
  • Should we stay together for the children?
    Vote C
  • Should I find a discrete affair and stay with my wife?
    Vote D

87

Most Helpful Girl

• You knew about her education status and her personality when you're courted got engaged got married had kids... Why did you keep intensifying the relationship when she is not what you wanted? Or we're you having too much sex to notice. lol in not judging I'm just curious how this match happened when according to you it's so inappropriate.

Most Helpful Guy

• ... Shit. I'm the guy who posted a question about dating an emotionally detached girl (one-sided conversations, not emotionally expressive or appreciative), and reading your situation kinda hits me hard too.

I wonder if trying to find buddies and friends would help ease you out of your loneliness. Also, spend some time doing date-y stuff with her, like climbing a mountain, visiting a foreign country, picking up new musical instruments.

I would try to save the relationship by trying to appeal to her emotion for the kids. I'll also do it for the kids. And if she's dutiful and loyal, I'll also stick with her too, perhaps out of gratitude for raising kids and sticking with me for so long.