Boyfriend with trust issues... Can you help?

My boyfriend and I have been dating for 3 months. Before we were dating he was dating this girl that cheated on him several times with her ex. Him being the nice guy in the whole situation kept taking her back every time. He later found the courage to break up with her after she cheated again, and a month later me and him have been dating ever since, despite his trust issues. We have been almost perfect, we are very much alike. He's met my family and I have met his family. I really love this guy a lot and lastnight when I was telling him how much I love him he told me there was something that he needed to tell me. There was a lot going on with his head that he was nt telling me. At first I was afraid for his health, I thought it was about the frequent migranes he has been recieving due to his concussion from the car accident last winter. But he later told me we were breaking up and sent me this "Ik your not happy you gotta push through this with me tho I could tell by how the conversation ended cuz I can't lose you like I can't even put the words together like I want to. Please don't forget that I am yours tho and I hope you don't forget your mine, I really need to just use the time your gone to build myself back up to the best I can be for you. I would have never thought that I would be the one with the damn emotional problems and shit. I'm second guessing every decision I make including this one. But it's the decision I made and imma stick to it so I can be a better and more stable man for you."... Please help me know how to feel about this situation
Updates:
But instead of breaking up he's acting as if the convothat took place lastnight never happened, he's acting as if Im still his girlfriend. Next Sunday he's going back to college and Im going to the ARMY BCT in FT. Jackson.
My only problem is that he wants to be in a relationship but he doesn't want the title... but why now?
It sound to me like he's trying to play me.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• He can work on his trust issues give him the space he wants , u guys can still talk and u can be there for him seems like u really love him so u can surely keep contact with him trust issues is something really hard to fix you can, but i am sure if he see your there for him you both can overcome it

0|0
    0|0
    • I didn't want to be in a relationship with him just yet, because I was trying to get over my last relationship. I told him we could just be together without the titles until he was ready, but why give me the title if he wasn't ready?

• He is in love sometimes people fall in love and u dont want to see their patner with anyone else because it hurts them he wants u trust me

Most Helpful Girl

• My bf has the same issue, all of his past gf have cheated on him witch has left him with trust issues, not only that he was bullied for a long time.
    Sadly those trust issues will not go away in a flash, it does take time. But the biggest thing you can do is support him and tell him how you feel. It will all work out in the end c:

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 3

• I'm Going To Give You My Unlicensed Professional Opinion, Either One Of Two Things, His Insecurities Has Gotten The Best Of Him & He Is Thinking You Will Do The Same, Sadly He Is Damaged & Thats Probably All He Thinks About, There Isn't Anything You Can Do About That. The Other Possibility Is His Ex Girl Is Talking To Him Again & He Still Likes/Loves Her. He Is Probably Torn & Confused With His Feelings. He Probably Wants To Be With You But If She Is Talking To Him Again Then Thats A Reason, Just Walk Away & Let Him Go, He Doesn't Want A Relationship & You can't Force It, If He Comes Back In The Future Then iGuess You Have To Make A Decision To Go Back With Him Or Move On. He Is Damaged So Move On...

0|0
    0|0
  • Its hard being with someone who's been hurt like he has, and he does need some time to work some of these emotions out. He really never recovered from it, and it was too early for him to start dating. The big part of it is that he has these insecurities which no doubt he's caught slipping into your relationship. Being able to trust is going to take some time for him, and he's going to need someone there to help him through this, don't give up on him, be there with him and help him through this, not only will you be able to help him trust again, but more importantly he's going to be able to trust you. We are very emotional regardless of what you might hear. It really depends on the person on how they handle this. But don't forget, it's going to be hard, but if you help him through this, he's going to be there for you no matter what. Hope this helps.

0|1
    0|0
  • Minus the concussion I know how he feels. I been bruised beaten and abused by a girl two years ago. I found another girl finally I though at least. She showed interest and I really liked her. I never made a move cause i though she would hurt me like this girl did two years before. Their is nothing you can do no one make him trust hr has to do that himself. I answered your question for you thanks for anwering mine.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 1

• congrats on the army, and reassure him how much you love him and tell him you don't need to break up

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes