Boyfriend with trust issues... Can you help?

My boyfriend and I have been dating for 3 months. Before we were dating he was dating this girl that cheated on him several times with her ex. Him being the nice guy in the whole situation kept taking her back every time. He later found the courage to break up with her after she cheated again, and a month later me and him have been dating ever since, despite his trust issues. We have been almost perfect, we are very much alike. He's met my family and I have met his family. I really love this guy a lot and lastnight when I was telling him how much I love him he told me there was something that he needed to tell me. There was a lot going on with his head that he was nt telling me. At first I was afraid for his health, I thought it was about the frequent migranes he has been recieving due to his concussion from the car accident last winter. But he later told me we were breaking up and sent me this "Ik your not happy you gotta push through this with me tho I could tell by how the conversation ended cuz I can't lose you like I can't even put the words together like I want to. Please don't forget that I am yours tho and I hope you don't forget your mine, I really need to just use the time your gone to build myself back up to the best I can be for you. I would have never thought that I would be the one with the damn emotional problems and shit. I'm second guessing every decision I make including this one. But it's the decision I made and imma stick to it so I can be a better and more stable man for you."... Please help me know how to feel about this situation
But instead of breaking up he's acting as if the convothat took place lastnight never happened, he's acting as if Im still his girlfriend. Next Sunday he's going back to college and Im going to the ARMY BCT in FT. Jackson.
My only problem is that he wants to be in a relationship but he doesn't want the title... but why now?
It sound to me like he's trying to play me.

24

Most Helpful Guy

• He can work on his trust issues give him the space he wants , u guys can still talk and u can be there for him seems like u really love him so u can surely keep contact with him trust issues is something really hard to fix you can, but i am sure if he see your there for him you both can overcome it

• I didn't want to be in a relationship with him just yet, because I was trying to get over my last relationship. I told him we could just be together without the titles until he was ready, but why give me the title if he wasn't ready?

• He is in love sometimes people fall in love and u dont want to see their patner with anyone else because it hurts them he wants u trust me

Most Helpful Girl

• My bf has the same issue, all of his past gf have cheated on him witch has left him with trust issues, not only that he was bullied for a long time.
    Sadly those trust issues will not go away in a flash, it does take time. But the biggest thing you can do is support him and tell him how you feel. It will all work out in the end c: