Ex texted me and I don't know what to do?

After broken up for five days or less he texted me yesterday saying, "I'm having the worse day of my life and I really need a friend." So I talked to him about it, we texted all night and today, and I decided to say something boring that doesn't require a response, to see if he's try to keep talking. He didn't respond and now my emotions are everywhere and I'm not sure what to do. Should I just let it go and if he wants to talk, leave it at that? I've also been going through a lot with missing him and feeling like breaking up is a mistake. What do I do?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Its understandable to lean on the familiar when having a tough day. Also having questions if it was right to break up.
    Keep several things in mind. He is an ex. You broke up with him for a reason. Unless it was an impulsive move, I would suggest sticking with the action of ending it.
    Time will remove the missing and doubt. No contact. You both need to mourn heal and move on. Talking and holding on will prevent that from happening. Take time alone to mourn. Then get out with your friends and do things you want to. When you are ready then get out and make yourself available.
    If he reaches out to you again, merely text back that talking at this time is hurting your healing, she you are in a better place you will reach out to him. I wouldn't recommend talking anymore, though.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• First of all. What was the reason for the breakup? Was he abusive either mentally or physically? Or was it just time for a change? Well, if it was just something simple I suggest maybe rethinking and talking to him more. If it was something terrible than try to leave him to himself and find someone who will treat you with more respect. I would honestly just say do what your heart tells you.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 3

• I'm Going To Give You My Unlicensed Professional Opinion, iFeel Like You Should Just Go "No Contact" Cause Right Now You Are Running High On Your Emotions & Need Time To Let Them Settle. You Need Time To Self Heal & You Can't Do That By Talking To Him. Do Things That Make You Happy & Keep Your Mind Off Him, Stay Positive & Stay Strong...

0|0
    0|0
  • First, you're insanely pretty.

Think long and hard about your situation. Don't try to get him back because you're lonely and you miss him. Look at the issues y'all had, and think about whether or not they're fixable problems.
    Usually, getting back together with an ex is a bad idea, occasionally though, it works out.

0|0
    0|0
  • PLease stay in NC whatever happen. That's the best in both caeses either returning or move on
    I wish I did that
    and yes you're so pretty

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 2

• Hmm, you broke up for a reason I don't think you should question it. Now by you breaking the NC rule you have made yourself stressed all over again. That happened to me once

0|0
    0|0
  • Just let it go.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes