Ex texted me and I don't know what to do?

After broken up for five days or less he texted me yesterday saying, "I'm having the worse day of my life and I really need a friend." So I talked to him about it, we texted all night and today, and I decided to say something boring that doesn't require a response, to see if he's try to keep talking. He didn't respond and now my emotions are everywhere and I'm not sure what to do. Should I just let it go and if he wants to talk, leave it at that? I've also been going through a lot with missing him and feeling like breaking up is a mistake. What do I do?

34

Most Helpful Guy

• Its understandable to lean on the familiar when having a tough day. Also having questions if it was right to break up.
    Keep several things in mind. He is an ex. You broke up with him for a reason. Unless it was an impulsive move, I would suggest sticking with the action of ending it.
    Time will remove the missing and doubt. No contact. You both need to mourn heal and move on. Talking and holding on will prevent that from happening. Take time alone to mourn. Then get out with your friends and do things you want to. When you are ready then get out and make yourself available.
    If he reaches out to you again, merely text back that talking at this time is hurting your healing, she you are in a better place you will reach out to him. I wouldn't recommend talking anymore, though.

Most Helpful Girl

• First of all. What was the reason for the breakup? Was he abusive either mentally or physically? Or was it just time for a change? Well, if it was just something simple I suggest maybe rethinking and talking to him more. If it was something terrible than try to leave him to himself and find someone who will treat you with more respect. I would honestly just say do what your heart tells you.