Girlfriend of 4 years left me for someone else she just met 6 months before I finish medical school and we planned to get engaged, REBOUND/GIGS?

My long distance girlfriend of four years broke u with me 5 weeks ago 2 days after i flew to Baltimore to be with her in a wedding after i flew back to Atlanta and she went to stay a week with her parents in jersey before going back home in florida, Suddenly communication was very rare for three days than the following day she called me and said we needed to break up for good and she sounded very adamant saying that we were going nowhere. Only to find out two days later that she had met a guy days ago through a friend.
she said they instantly hit it off and spent he already introduced her to his parents and vice versa. I did all the wrong things by chasing her and begging. She responded saying that its to late and that he was already flying to florida to be with her the next day.
Fast forward 3 weeks, she began blowing up my phone saying she was confused and upset that she ruined our relationship but was still with the guy and wanted to see where it goes but that she feels heartbroken and not sure if she made the right decision, saying that if we lived together it would work out and that her family and friends knew we were in love.
three days later she told me not to talk to her because she is in love and he loves her back after a couple week and that he recently quit his job in new York to move to and they are getting an apartment together. I am 6 months from finishing medical school and becoming a doctor which would have allowed us to get engaged and move in together and she knows this. Her mother and friends are really upset with her actions and keep contacting me to fix us and talk sense into her about moving extremely fast. She claimed that she did it because we have no future.
IS THIS CONSIDERED A REBOUND OR REAL?

WHAT DOES IT SAY ABOUT THEM MOVING IN TOGETHER AFTER A MONTH?

COULD SHE SERIOUSLY BE IN LOVE ALREADY?
I'm just most confused and blown away by why a guy would move that extremely fast for a girl he just met and why she's open for it even though her mom and best friends are telling her she's making a mistake?

36

Most Helpful Girl

• Okay first of all, she does NOT deserve you at all.. Especially if she's playing around with your feelings like that. She seems really confused seeing as one minute she thinks she's 'in love' and the next minute she's doubting it. CLEARLY, she's not in love as she's overthinking the whole situation and is upset because she's not sure whether or not she's made the right descision. You deserve a lot better so you seriously need to stop giving a fuck. Just move on. Simple. As. That. She'll regret it trust me :)

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • thanks a lot for your advice, I was sorta moving on than she contacted me and I got my hopes up again, she said she only contacted mr bc she was nervous about making a big step forward with someone else. I haven't contacted her since.

• Your welcome! And personally i wouldn't contact her ever again. She's treating you like your second best. Besides, there are so many other woman out there! Just keep swimming ;)

Most Helpful Guy

• it does not matter what it is considered. She dumped you for a guy she had just met, then she has flipped a couple of times and is messing with your head. It is best to just forget her. Now in your schooling is certainly not the time to have your head elsewhere. Just tell yourself it is over and is not worth thinking about. Move on. And congrats on graduating med school!

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • thanks for the advice bro, we were each others first love so that's why it messes with me.

• You have a better handle on the facts from where you are, but from what you said I actually suspect that she met him and broke up with you without letting you know it was because she had met him. I went through something similar when I was in the service. Was not engaged but getting closer, when suddenly she broke it off, but she was honest and upfront and told me she had met someone and they had gotten close and would marry. Hurt bad, but she was up front through it so I honestly wished her the best. It is best that you find out about the relationship not being meant to be before you marry. Definitely. Just be thankful for that.