Just Wanting to Vent?

So, my boyfriend and I lived together for a year and three months and just recently broke up. Break ups suck, plain and simple. The saying you date one person and leave another is very much true. We kept having major fights, most of which involved the fact that he NEVER wanted to have sex, until finally one day it imploded and he asked me for a "break." I took a week and stayed at a friends house wringing my hands wondering what the outcome would be until one night we met up and he officially broke up with me. He requested that we stay "friends" (whatever the hell that means) and I did everything he requested to make this seperation clean. We made plans for me to move, I let him know the time, who would be helping me (he wanted very much to know this stating he wanted to know who would be in his house so I told him who), etc. The night before the move I go to a concert and post pics on Facebook (hes no longer my friend on there) and get a message saying Hope you're having fun tonight, remember I will be gone between this time and that time so make sure all your stuff is gone, I didn't respond. Then the actual day of the move, I get everything out and taken care of in 40 minutes! That night I get four texts from him I apparently missed saying "Where's that decorative plate my brother bought me? I know it was on the ledge, I took pictures before you moved so I would know what was missing, what else did you take I want it back!" I called him and told him where the plate was, that it had Halloween candy in it still and had been in that spot since october, that it had never been on the ledge. Wow. And on top of that, my best friend calls me saying he text her husband the same night he accussed me of stealing from him asking if he helped me move, I already told him who helped me move, why was he digging? I was curious to see if he had deleted the pics of him and I so for the first time I went to his page to find, HE'S BLOCKED ME. I thought he wanted to be friends?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm Going To Give You My Unlicensed Professional Opinion, He Is High In His Emotions. He Wants To Be Friends But Probably Upset Cause Your Not Begging For Him. Just Ignore Him & Move On, Dont Try To Reconcile Cause He Is Acting Childish...

0|0
    0|0
    • I've taken your advice and ignored him... been a week with no contact and I miss the guy. What if I do want to reconcile? Any advice on that?

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 4

• Good riddance. He sounds like a complete tool. I really don't get the "let's still be friends" thing. I find that people who say that only seem to be saying it in some lame attempt to seem less like a tool when they are breaking up with you. When I think about those exes (most) that I am still friends or at least friendly with none of them said that to me as we were moving on and I personally have never said that to anyone I've broken up with.

0|0
    0|0
  • sounds like you guys need no contact for at least the immediate future. he is clearly still in pain over the break up and it's causing him to behave irrationally. now that you have your stuff keep your distance

0|0
    0|0
  • Well, at least you out and out admitted you wanted to vent in your question and not like try and sneak it in an under handed way.

You're already smarter than half the people on GAG.

Huh. My faith in humanity is ever so slightly restored.

0|0
    0|0
    • I just don't understand why people have to be so hateful during breakups... especially when there's not cheating or anything involved. GROW UP PEOPLE

• Like you said, breaking up sucks. Nobody breaks up because they are happy. They break up because they are mad, frustrated, no longer interested in you and so on. Basically all negative things. People get hurt and have the need to hurt their ex right back for some kind of revenge or redemption. This is just the rough patch. Eventually your life will go one way, and his the other. Just try to be the better person and don't let him get to you. I am glad the relationship is over. Sex is just one area that can't be compromised with someone you are not compatible with. Good luck!

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 0

Be the first girl to share an opinion
and earn 1 more Xper point!

Recommended myTakes