How to break up with someone?

This boy and I have been dating for almost two months and I like him but I don't think we are right to be dating each other. How do I break up with him? I've never broken up with someone before.

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Invite him to a neutral place, don't tell him "you need to talk" because I hate it when people do that (not a reason not to use it but still). When you see him, don't talk around the issue. Let him know that maybe he noticed a change in your behaviour lately? If so (and even if not) tell him that's because there's a change in your feelings towards him too. That you feel more like friends than lovers and you don't think those feelings can come back. Tell him that you'd rather be friends than boyfriend/girlfriend and you feel he has the right to know instead of waiting to see if feelings change and you don't want to lead him on.

2|0
    0|0
    • Thanks for most helpful :) Hope things weren't so bad and things went okay.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 4

• I'm Going To Give You My Unlicensed Professional Opinion, Just Tell Him How You Feel, Communication Is Key, He Is Gonna Be Sad & Beg For You Back But Dont Take Him Back Because It Will Only Be Out Of Pity & Not Love. Stay Strong & Stay Positive...

1|0
    0|0
  • Can we be friends? ;)

0|0
    0|0
  • "Im breaking up with you"

0|0
    0|0
  • Just curious, why do you think he wasn't right... is it your age?

0|0
    0|0
    • I just thought we are better as friends.

• Show All
    • It was just easier to talk as friends it seemed "natural" to talk as friends

• So, what changed.. like, was it how you talked, or what you talked about? I don't get it

What Girls Said 1

• well I don't know when i broke up i texted him and said i think we should be friends and he took it okay

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes