Does any one else see this as true?

Soo do you think this is true for most?
When you break up with some one you loose a piece of your self.
I've found that in precious relationships I used to do things and now I don't. It's not like they were bad things they where actually loving things but the more I was hurt by guys the less love I give in new relationships.
ANY ONE ELSE DO THIS?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I understand you completely.
    I feel this might actually be the case on a soul/pysche level.
    I guess that's why they call it a heart break.
    I don't think you lose a piece of yourself I think you're soul/psyche just gets cracked until it's shattered so that the pieces of you that were once together are now apart and disassociated from each other so that they feel lost. It's the brains natural response to trauma of any kind: disassociation.
    I think this is what Kurt Kobain meant when he said this:
    “Nobody dies a virgin... Life fucks us all.”

Innocence is like being whole and corruption is like being broken or feeling like there are pieces missing.

0|0
    0|0
    • Thnk for MH. Hope you're hanging in there :/ :)
      You're not alone.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 5

• I'm Going To Give You My Unlicensed Professional Opinion, The Only Way You Can Lose A Piece Of Yourself In A Relationship Is If You Put Your All Or Lose Yourself Completely In The Relationship To That Other Person. You Should Never Lose Yourself In A Relationship Because If That Other Person Leaves, It Hurts The Worst...

1|0
    0|0
    • But if you don't put your all into it then you will never know what it could truly be

• Well of course, its true.
    There is a reason its called building a relationship, its because when things break up, and break apart, you can't rebuild the part that has been lost, its a part of the bridge or tower you structured together to make your relationship, you just have to start from teh ground again, with a few bits from your past relationship holding you up to rebuild upon.
    Yea I know that sound architectural, but I am a CAD Drafter so I use metaphors related to my profession.

0|0
    0|0
  • Hmmm. It might be true. I would imagine that as we experience new relationships, we associate certain behaviors with getting dumped and we instinctively shut those behaviors off.

1|0
    0|0
  • In some of my earlier ones where I was very attached, definitely. Now I guard my heart a lot better.

0|0
    0|0
  • No every relationship is not love enough to lose a piece of yourself, only when you are to blame for the end of any relationship do you lose something and become a little more bitter

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 1

• Yeah, I can see that. To be honest, I haven't been in a lot of relationships to have a sufficient answer, but I was just barely dumped by a man I had a very serious relationship with. I'd imagine that after this, some things will never be the same. There are things that he and I did, a song he dedicated to me, sweet things I said only to him... and I'm not sure how I'd feel about saying those sweet things or doing those things with someone else (I used to call him my love, or we beat Resident Evil 5 together). Maybe I'd avoid it. I can definitely agree that that might be the case. You stop doing something in this new relationship because in an old one it was something between you and your ex... Interesting thought.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes