How can I shove this in his face in a classy way?

So, I know this is really petty and stupid and not very mature but I really want to get back at my ex boyfriend. But not in a way that seems like I'm being petty and immature. Basically we dated for over three years and I put up with him treating me like shit for the last year (Literally like a piece of garbage) because I thought I could make things work - well anyway I was heart broken and I am over him now (after realizing out relationship was over long before it actually ended) I am now seeing a new guy but nobody knows because I do want to keep it quiet for a few weeks to get to know him better, and not have the fallout of my last relationship affecting the new one. Well anyway back to getting revenge on my ex. There are a few things I can rub in his face already - like that I'm going to graduate before him even though he's two years older, that I have a job and he's sitting on his ass on welfare, that I don't need to party all the time to be happy. What I really want to rub in his face is how happy I am now without him. I want it to put a blow to his ego that might take him down a few notches and make him put his head on straight. Don't get me wrong - I don't hate the guy, on the contrary I care about him a lot. The one final blow is going to be that the guy I'm seeing is amazing in every way, has a good steady job, loves me for who I am exactly, and has awesome cars (I don't know jack about cars but my ex does.)

So please keep the comments about me being petty down to a minimum and even if you do think I am can you help me think of a way to shove this in his face in a classy way?

98

Most Helpful Guy

• I wouldn't worry about getting back at him. Sometimes continuing to be yourself and killing him with kindness is the best thing you can do. If he happens to see you with the new guy, he will see the new guy appreciating what he has that your ex missed out on. What he should see is you smiling and being happy, and hopefully not the car and the money (us guys have a tendency to believe that women want to "marry up" in the socioeconomic sense) By being happy, that should be enough to know that he probably should have a plan in life, but not necessarily try to one up others either.