My ex bf still wants to be friends with me?

my ex and i were together for five years. he left me about a month ago. but he said he wanted to be friends because he wanted me in his life still. why do he want this is HE DUMPED ME?

14

Most Helpful Guy

• Dont be friends with him. He wants you as a backup.

• guys really do that?

• I really don't know how many times I have said this, but i'll say this again. You DO NOT put 3.5 billion + guys in the same category. everyone is different. There are men out there who rape their daughters and even mothers, and you are surprised about guys that keep backup? Not every guy is the same. Don't lose hope and move on to other one, okay? :)

What Guys Said 3

• I'm Going To Give You My Unlicensed Professional Opinion, His Feelings Are Getting The Best Of Him & He Wants To Have His Cake & Eat It Too, Dont Be Surprised If He Ask For Sex...

• He might be feeling a bit guilty of dumping you, so to make himself feel a bit better, he is making the offer. Chances are that he doesn't really mean it!

• He thinks men and women can be "just friends", lol

What Girls Said 1

• I asked my ex to be friends with him when I asked to break up.. I just felt it odd that we would be strangers after all this time of intimacy