Is breaking up with girl friend because of long term drug use reasonable?

I broke up with my girlfriend of two months because she has been using hard drugs for 8 years ever since she was 15. Although she is convinced that she is fine, I noticed her memory of her life and affairs are all over the place. She is not reliable and does many reckless things and she doesn't know it. Plus her thoughts and feelings and ideas are never consistent and I think it's because her brain has adapted and been rewired because of the extacy weed and cocaine she has been regularly using. I may have broken her heart but I realised that it was going to happen because her habits were going to drive us down a very difficult path. Am I right for doing this?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes, you did the right thing. I understand that it's hard for her too. There are many ties in my life when all I want to do is just get high. get it. But if you can't help her all you can do is save yourself. It's a hard choice I wouldn't be able to make. you did good.

0|0
    0|0
    • She had the most amazing personality and really cute and attractive figure and body. But I luckily managed to see through it. I would love to get her back someday in a few years when she's moved on from all that. Is there a chance. What do you think?

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm Going To Give You My Unlicensed Professional Opinion, "Realized" Is Spelled With A "Z" But It Is A Good Excuse, Im Pretty Sure You've Expressed To Her You Dont Like That She Is Using & She Still Did It Anyway, That Means She didn't Take Your Feelings Into Consideration, Move On & Find Another Girl. If She Really Wanted To Be With You, She Would Of Gotten Clean...

0|0
    0|0
    • I'm aussie, we say realised

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 4

• It is reasonable. When you date a drug addict you are also dating the drug and the addiction. That is a heavy responsibility to take on and not everyone is prepared for that. You did nothing wrong. If anything hopefully it will help her shed some light on her usage.

1|0
    0|0
  • I think you made the right choice. Eventually you'll find someone who isn't into what she was and they'll make you happy and not make things tuff for you. I can only imagine how hard this is but you are doing right by yourself!

0|0
    0|0
  • not too many normal people wanna date a crackhead. u did good

0|0
    1|0
  • Of course this was hard because you love her. And addiction is a disease that is hard to get rid of, but if you did what you could to get her help and it didn't work, don't feel bad, you can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink. And it was best for you to let her go if you were afraid you would both go down that path.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 0

The only opinion from guys was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

Recommended myTakes