How to get a friend through a break up?

One of my best friends is going through a bad break up. She was together with her boyfriend for seven years, lived together and all that. She's heartbroken and I want to be there for her. It happened last night and we (her other best friend an myself) called her immediately to ask if we should come over, which we did this morning.
I want to do something for her, she knows I'm there for her but I feel that's not enough. Maybe cook with/for her, then have a girlsnight and take her mind off it. I'm bad at stuff like this so I don't know if this is a good idea to do? If any of you have other suggestions, I'd be happy to hear them.

03

Most Helpful Guy

• We all have been through this. The best thing you can do for her is to be with her. Try to sense as best as you can what she might want you do to for her. This is the best thing we can all tell you. There is not guaranteed cure for this.

Robert Leckie, WWII veteran, after having killed a man for the first time said: It is one thing to reconcile these things with God, but another to square it with yourself.

He meant that even though he knew God would offer him forgiveness, he would have to deal with it on his own. That he had to get through it alone, that nothing can help. In my opinion, it is the same when enduring excruciating pain because of break up. There is nothing that can help her. Nothing at all. She has to go through it alone. You can help a bit, but she has to carry the burden herself.

What Guys Said 2

• If she likes nature take her to a calm place - a forest or so - for a good walk. Being in the fresh air generally helps people to calm down a bit after a shock. It won't do miracles but that plus the friendship you give her may help her through the first few days.
    And also, if there is any chance of repair of their relationship, calming down can help her judge which are the right things to say or do to repair their relationship.

• I'm Going To Give You My Unlicensed Professional Opinion, Just Keep Her Active, Dont Let Her Sit & Mope, Tell Her It Will Take Time, Can't Say How Long, Everybody Is Different, Tell Her To Cut All Contact, It Will Be Hard But Well Worth It...

What Girls Said 0