Are Breaks Good For An Engaged Couple?

My fiancé and I called it off tonight a week before our 2nd anniversary. Well more or less we're on break. He decided it was time since we fight a lot... Like a LOT. Maybe once a week and it gets heated. Just stupid stuff like who ate the last bowl of cereal or the music is too loud.

Tonight's fight was due to my refusal of going to the movies with him (for the 4th time this month) to see Step Up. I hate dance movies, and I told him this a LONG time ago.

Well it turned into him telling me how much I hate everything he does and that I don't like his friends blah blah. He had enough

Should I just move back in with my mother and call it quits? Or let him calm down and try to work it out?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm Going To Give You My Unlicensed Professional Opinion, Haha iWouldnt Wanna See A Dance Movie Either But It's Best To Let This Go, You Guys Argue A Lot, Maybe You Guys Just Aren't Compatible As You Thought, It May Difficult At First But Well Worth It, Stay Strong & Stay Positive...

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• well I'm not an on and off kinda girl, so i dont like the idea of breaks, regardless of what stage it is. its either on, or off. thats it.

i think thats a silly thing for a mature couple to fight over tbh. maybe y'all should discuss y u love each other and what things bug u about each other. its called healthy confrontation. use it to c where ur both at, and if u can't c a future then dont waste ur time.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 2

• Breaks for the most part are the beggining of break ups... nuff said... seriously... because instead of helping you work things out, you just realize that your stress is gone because the other person is gone for now, and yoh figure... well then i guess she or he is the problem.

0|0
    0|0
  • Breaks often end up in one person cheating from my experience.

0|0
    1|0
    • Maybe we need to clarify what 'break' means.

• The phrase break implies you just need time apart and plan to get back together. If they immediately go and sleep with someone else when their partner is under the impression they still love them, is that not cheating? And if break means they're allowed to go get with someone else, it's pretty much the end of the relationship anyway. I don't go for that break shit. If a girl asks me for a break, I tell her we'll just break up.

What Girls Said 1

• I think a break will be good for you guys. Some of the best advice I have ever read was from this exact site, and it started out like this,
    "People think that taking time apart will ruin the relationship and make you grow apart. Time apart will only make you grow apart if you weren't meant to be in the first place. And if you weren't mean to be, nothing will ever change that, and it is better to find out sooner than later. It is either meant to happen or not. Time apart will allow you to separate the emotion and see things for what they really are. It will also give YOU time to see what you really want"

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes