I'm probably overanalyzing but... Please help?

So my boyfriend of a year and a half broke up with me and it has been close to 8 months since the breakup. The breakup was not messy at all and we ended it with maybe there's a future for us but breaking up is what needs to happen for now. We haven't talked in months even though we wanted to continue a friendship considering we were best friends as well. He claimed he is not ready for a friendship yet.. Anyways... here's the current issue at hand. Yesterday I was on Facebook and my boyfriends best friend from high school whom I have never spoken to randomly messaged me saying hi... I talked to him for a while and it was pretty weird but I went along with it. Finally he was like "so what should we talk about tell me about you." and I told him he could ask me whatever I wanted. First thing he asks is if I am currently seeing anyone and if I have been with anyone since my ex... I'm not sure if my ex sent him to ask me or if he's just curious. Just looking for some opinions here.

13

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm Going To Give You My Unlicensed Professional Opinion, If You Think It's A Set Up Then Ignore Him & Cut All Contact...

Most Helpful Girl

• well I would say that if your ex and this guy have stayed in contact since high school my estimations say he is playing an asking game with you so he can subtly get some information out of you for his friend, its a part of being a wing man. Your ex doesn't want to ask you himself perhaps because it may be awkward seen as you haven't spoken in a while, your ex is testing you. He wants to see If you can commit or even see if you still have feelings for him. But if your ex didn't talk to his bestfriend from highschool too frequently then I would guess he's just being random, two options to choose from. Either one for you to decide because you know your situation better. Hope I helped and good luck with your situation