Why do ex girlfriends cut you out of their lives?

Just cut me off.

She told me she could never imagine me not being in her life

164

Most Helpful Girl

• Probably because she doesn't want flashbacks from the past relationship or whatever. I broke up with my ex and we don't keep in contact at all. I don't believe in being friends with an ex right after a break up. My ex broke up with me in March and since then we haven't said a word to each other and I think that's how its supposed to be. If someone breaks up with me or I break up with them I cut them off as simple as that. And if my ex goes to my school I just act like he doesn't exist as simple as that. Plus my ex broke up with me but he didn't give me a good explanation it was pretty much I guess to hard for him which I don't understand why when he didn't do anything. Some exes can't remain to be friends with there ex-bf or ex-gf it just doesn't work like that, I don't even see my ex bf and I being friends. We aren't friends, we aren't enemies, were like strangers with some memories. Like what if you decide to be friends with ur ex you could have feeling of them coming back into your head that's why I wouldn't do it. Its hard to remain friends with an ex its just not possible its to difficult and then how do you move on you can't. Its like being stuck in quick sand and you are just begging for a way to get out. My ex hurt me, treated me badly like I wasn't a priority in his life at all so we just ignored each other after he broke up with me and made me cry. I mean I needed time to heal and I believe that break up was for the best. I was sore for a couple of days but I managed to heal and I'm happy I did.

What Girls Said 15

• Most of the times exs don't want to just be friends, they want to be fuck buddies, and try to control/manipulate/cockblock in your new dating ventures. I've stayed platonic with my ex's but we aren't friends/close. Random hi and byes and that is about it.

Most of my break ups were on guy terms, but none of my ex's wanted the relationship to end so there was no chance of us being honest/real friends.

• My ex broke up with me because he felt our lifestyles were too different. He wanted to keep me around still as if nothing happened and was playing mind games with me. It was very selfish and I just told him the other day that we had to cut all ties. He was really upset, but that's too bad, he shouldn't have broken up with me then. I am so hurt by the breakup, I'll never be able to fully move on if he's in my life.

• I'm sorry to hear that, your not alone trust me. My ex broke up with because of dumb excuses he didn't really have a reason he just backed up with lies. He just thought I would stick around but you should very put your phone on hold for anybody in a relationship. My ex played with my heart as well and led me on like I was dog and then left me so I know how you feel its heartbreaking but I mean it doesn't sound like he deserves you at all mine sure didn't. So he and I cut all ties with each other and now that school has started back we haven't said a single word to each other. You'll get over it, it just takes baby steps give your heart time to heal don't jump back into a relationship so quickly. It took me 5 months to get over my ex it wasn't easy but it was worth it. Act like he doesn't exist that's what I did and then he came chasing after me. You'll be able to move on you just have to give yourself space, and don't let that break up hold you back form meeting new people

• Your not alone trust me, my ex broke up with me in March 2014 we only dated for like 2 months he like led me on and then he just left me lying on the ground. And then he just made up these dumb excuses and I knew he wasn't telling the truth. And he wrote on a paper and gave it to me and it read "Its not you its me, which means its annoying when I'm with my friends and you come out of nowhere and blah blah blah." Which kind of told me that something was wrong he was the one that wanted me back anyways so I didn't know why he was acting so fishy and weird. I am not put on hold for anyone either he wants me or he doesn't. We don't talk at all or anything I don't believe in being friends with an ex. They don't miss you when your gone they miss you when you move on. He just changed like right after middle school he just changed out of the blue and got arrested at my school in May and started drinking as well I couldn't do so I cut all ties off with him. I'm happy with my decision as well.

• And your welcome. I don't think he deserves me and I don't deserve him as well as the way he treated me I just wanted to cry. But now that school has just gotten back in for me, we walk past each other and don't say a single thing at first it was hard for me to move on but over the summer since I got time away from seeing his face it helped me a lot. I just act like he doesn't exist. I want a gentlemen, someone that's going to treat me right and love me for me. I don't ask for a lot in a relationship anyways so I don't understand what was so hard for him when he did nothing in the relationship. In my opinion I am to good for him, he doesn't deserve me I deserve better, and plus he doesn't know what love is honestly. Its like I had to force words through his head.

• For the obvious reason... they want to move on. You're their past and they want to look into the present/future.

• Funny because I have not cut off my ex from my life. In fact, I am still very in love with him.

-Maybe she was trying to force herself to move on?

-Fox

• We do it to be able to heal, move on and get over someone why would you still want to be attached to a person that is in your past? Some people remain friends but I never saw the purpose of that.

• Cause they F up and hurt them so much that they can't stand to talk to them or see their shit anymore. Either that, or they are a hoe and don't want anything to do with you cause they like someone else, but usually it's because they are too hurt by being friends with you so they have to delete you completely.

• They need time away from you because they need to get rid of residual feelings so that they won't date you again.

• It's easier to move on after the breakup if you have no contact.

• Because she is your ex. You don't normally keep in touch with them, I know I don't, why does it matter? She's moving on.

• It just makes it easier to move on. Plus, some really turn into assholes after break up. I cut mine off because he was talking to me about chicks as if i were his best friend or something (and he was constantly insulting me).
    The thing is that it is hard for two past lovers to remain friends. She probably wants to move on and doesn't want you to be around. Either you are "just friends" or you still have feelings for each other.

• I cut mine off because he seems to me as basically a waste of a human being, I tried being friends with him but it got to the point where believing in the good in him was similar to believing in Santa Claus, at some point I just had to let go

• so that it would be easier to move on

• Because they want to get over you and move on...

• because its weird to keep in touch.. when i break up with someone i break up with them... simple

• Many people can't or won't remain friends with ex-boyfriends/ex-girlfriends.
    They're hurt and just want to put everything away, in the past, and start anew WITHOUT that person in their life.
    Sometimes it's not good for people to remain friends after because it makes it harder to move on and "get over".

What Guys Said 4

• Haha, this is SO TRUE!!!

Ex #1 - Mutual break up on good terms, spoke regularly for weeks but the second she get's herself a new bf I'm deleted on Facebook never for us to communicate again.

Ex #2 - Bad break up, she hit me lots and was an aggressive person in general so I broke it off. She begged me to come back for months and harassed me with constant texts and calls. Finally she get's a new bf and I'm immediately deleted off FB by her and cut out (a good thing)!

Ex #3 - She breaks up with me because I'm too young for her (I'm 22, she's 27). A few weeks later she see's me in town holding hands with another girl and texts me saying "Who's that girl you're with, she looks too young for you. Do you not have any feelings for me still". She then asks to meet up. I reply 'errr that's my new girlfriend I was with". She straight away deletes me off Facebook and stops replying to any of my texts. So irrational...

• Sorry, the 'haha' wasn't me laughing at your situation, rather me relating to your situation.

• Oh and listen to this, not long ago there was a girl I REALLY liked and got on great with. We were really close then one night we got drunk, she came back to mine for the first time and slept in my bed but we never had sex. When she left the next day she kissed me goodbye but I then immediately noticed she had deleted me off Facebook and she never again replied to any of my texts which really upset me cus I liked her a lot.

Well just a few days later my best friend gets into a relationship with one of her friends and she confesses to him that Alice (girl I liked) had just started her period and was bleeding heavy the night she stayed at mine. I had no waste bin in my bathroom so she hid her used items in a bag under the sink. I found a bag full of tampons, sanitary towels and bloody tissues all hidden under the sink behind the pipes. There was also some bloody fingerprint stains on the bathroom walls which I initially thought were from a cut of mine when I was drunk. SHOCK HORROR!

• I would too. Once the relationship is over, that's it! No more, cut out of my life, moving on!

• cause its better that way if its only going to bring emotional pain back into their life.

• I'm Going To Give You My Unlicensed Professional Opinion, Some Girls Are Cold, Mean, & Bitter After A Break-Up, Other Girls Want To Move On As Fast As Possible...