Why do I still want my ex-boyfriend even though he was so evil to me?

My ex-boyfriend broke up with me about a month ago and I'm still not over him :/. We only went out for a month but I enjoyed everything about it.. he treated me like a princess and made me feel like I've never felt before. I guess since this was my first real relationship, I kind of drove him nuts because me being the insecure person that I am, would always doubt what he said to me. After a while of my negativity, he decided to call it quits after an argument we'd had and wouldn't answer my calls. Finally he picked up and explained how I was too negative and how we didn't have enough in common. by the way he was always pressuring me to have sex, which I n ever did, and I'm sure that had some to do with it. But anyways, after a while of talking he finally said to meet him the next day so that we could work things out. The next day I tested him to ask what time and he said 2.. as I was walking to meet him he tested me that he wasn't coming because his mom said I was crazy (mind you, his mom thought the world of me before all of this). He then called me and was laughing with his friends in the background calling me crazy and telling me to "take no for an answer". This confused me since he'd said that he wanted to work things out before :(. So why did he treat me so wrongly if he said he cared for me so much? Was me being negative that bad? Or was there something that I didn't know? Please be honest! Thanks
Update : I meant texted not "tested" btw. And another question I had was why am I not over him? And would it be bad if I took him back? That is, if he ever wanted me back... be harsh if needed. Thanks

26

Most Helpful Guy

• Because as your first you naturally loved him, thats usually how it is. Your feelings for him is normal, but he isn't for you. First of all, none of his friends should have been involved; that shows immaturity on his part. Also he doesn't love you as much as you love him, because if he did he would have done all that he could to work it out with you. Being negative is not a good image for any relationship, but to make someone disrespect you as he did, no its not that serious. My opinion is to move on (i know that its not going to be simple as you love him) find someone that is willing to work on bringing you out of your negativity, because they want to be with you.

• Yeah I know. I tried to get through to him on Facebook and he threatened to get a restraining order after only one message. It really hurts to be so rejected by someone who you thought cared about you.. Thanks

• No problem, I have been there as well. If you need anyone to listen i'm on here, and if you want my Facebook you can always ask. Pray that you break out of this soon.

• That would be much appreciated. Thank you :)

What Guys Said 5

• I'm Going To Give You My Unlicensed Professional Opinion, You Still Want Him Back Because You Are Thinking With Your Head & Not Your Heart, You Have To Put Your Feelings & Emotions Aside & Realize This Guy Is Not Right For You. Over Time You Will Feel Better & Start To Continue Doing Your Regular Routine, Stay Strong & Stay Positive...

• some boys are bastards who lie and treat you like you are princess just to have sex and leave you, I know many people like that, it's shown that he doesn't care for you, because he wouldn't make his friends laugh at you and make fun of you, so I advise you to have the guts and tell him that you are breaking up with him.

• Because as usual, the guy is a jerk and the girl is wrapped around his fingers. Do you not think you can do better? I think you can.

• Thats why I'm so frustrated.. I don't want to want him. How do I stop wanting. Him?

• Have some self respect woman. Why would you even consider taking him back after that? Unless you like being treated like dog shit then you need to find yourself a new man.

• Honestly I'm just as confuzzled as you -.-

What Girls Said 2

• Hello, I am not sure how old you are, so I cannot say how old this guy is but, I suggest you move on, as hard as it seems now, he does not seem to deserve you. How did you drive him nuts?
    His last few actions , seems to be very childish and immature and the fact that he was pressuring for sex and you did not give in, I think he was only after that and when he realized that you were going to give in, he gave up.
    I say focus on you, and leave him alone. If it's meant to be he will come back, take it from me they usually come back once they realized their mistakes, but remember they are your ex for a reason

• Yeah I know I sound pretty foolish by wanting him back. And I'm 19 and he's 18 btw... but have you ever felt like the good part of that person was something you'll never find again?

• Yes, I am 32 and yes there is that time when you feel like you can't breathe or find that special part of that person again. You wil, trust me, it takes time.

• Move on please, he is not worth. If he can tell his friends and laugh at you, it's not a joking matter anymore.

I had a similar experience as you, and I realized that it's impossible for us to be together. Until now, almost a year, I think I still like him but he is not worth for my like.

• You're right.. I just wish I didn't feel this way. Everything reminds me of him, and I'm pretty sure he hasn't thought about me since then :(

• Be strong babe, just need to remember this and you will do better for your next relationship for sure. That's what I told myself a lot and i managed to date people who makes me feel so good. As usual, there are plenty of better guys around :)