How did instagram kill my relationship?

My ex is always telling his friend our business. I know nothing about his friend and he knows personal information about me. I decided to level the field a bit. So I decided to befriend his bestie on instagram. He already told me his friend has been on my page before so I felt I should be able to do the same. Negative I got dumped for pressing follow but nothing happened to the friend and he excepted the invite and did not tell the ex. So I'm looked at as sneaky for being straightforward while the friend stays safe after snooping and with holding info. So the ex no longer respects me for wanting to know about someone who knows more than he should about me. What is the truth behind that and was I wrong. # double standard

22

Most Helpful Girl

• You're not wrong. I'm friends with my bf's friends in social media. And vice versa. When you're dating, their friends become your friends. Your ex is overreacting and makes me think he's hiding something that he doesn't want you to find out about on his friend's page

What Guys Said 2

• I'm Going To Give You My Unlicensed Professional Opinion, Maybe He Felt Threatened & Maybe Thought You Were Up To No Good, Forget Him & Move On, He Is Childish...

• Bros before hos. To be honest me and my guys friends have agreed to flirt with each other's girlfriends behind their backs to test how loyal they are. It's saved us from a lot of bad relationships with unfaithful women.

What Girls Said 1

• They think like mates before dates. They value their friendships. Also if in his past something like this happened (one of his friends stole his crush) it is normal for him to be jealous. But for sure he is overreacting, give him a time. He will come back because what he did is unfair and sooner or later he will understand this.