Boyfriend broke up with me because he moved away. I don't think that's a good reason.. Am I wrong?

My boyfriend of 9 months broke up with me because he moved 8 hours away for school. He will live there 3 years. He still talks to me almost every day (although for a lot shorter time) and tells me he loves me whenever we get off the phone. If he really loved me I feel like he would have wanted to try a long distance relationship.. I know they are hard, but him and I have had a great relationship and are like best friends as well, so I thought he cared about me enough to at least try. I'm starting to think he just wants to be single so he can talk to other girls, but have me as a backup. Am I wrong for feeling this way?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• You're not wrong for feeling that way, but I don't blame him. 8 months is a very short time to have been with someone, and a long distance relationship of that magnitude would take a toll on even the strongest relationships.

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 2

• I'm Going To Give You My Unlicensed Professional Opinion, Talking To Other Females Is A Possibility But Some People Dont Like "Long Distance Relationships." iSuggest Cutting All Contact Cause If You Dont, You'll Never Get Over Him Fully, Dont Allow Him To String You Along...

0|0
    0|0
  • 3 years with little actual contact would be very rough... He can't handle I guess so it's his choice, universities ftl. 8 hours isn't as bad as across the country, long drive for hanging out for part of a weekend though.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 1

• He obviously doesn't agree with long distant relationships. Complaining about it won't change his mind ):

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes