Do you believe in once a cheater always a cheater or do you think people deserve a second chance?

The question says all I have to ask.

143

Most Helpful Girl

• As a non-monogamous person who often gets trapped into monogamous relationships.

I don't believe that there is an excuse for cheating. In the era that we live in sex is available to most of us with no commitment. Thus its pretty shitty/unnecessary to cheat on someone who wants monogamy. Especially when you take into account all of the men/women who DON'T want monogamy, commitment, and/or exclusive relationships.

There are so many hot/horny/eager men and women out here waiting for sex and tomfoolery. Of all levels of attractiveness, education, ability, and wealth.

So for someone to cheat IMO, they have to be an extremely damaged, selfish, and/or just completely careless person. Cheating is a VERY big mistake to happen, at some point when the clothes of off, after the discrete location is ventured too, and the genitals engage, at what point in time are you thinking about the person you made a commitment too?

When I knew I no longer wanted to be monogamous in a relationship, I simply ended the relationship.

• Thanks for you reply, I like it. It is pretty shitty to cheat on someone. You are better to say something like look this is not working out and then go your separate ways than cheat. I do not think I could ever trust or forgive a woman that cheated on me, that is why I would never cheat on a woman. I also heard that there is an increase of women cheating these days. "There are so many hot/horny/eager men and women out here waiting for sex and tomfoolery. Of all levels of attractiveness, education, ability, and wealth." I agree with the entirely. I think I heard there is an increase in women cheating these days to. I think it is not acceptable for a man or a woman to cheat. Well at the time the genitals engage you are not thinking about the person you made a commitment to, I know you know this tho. :) I am pleased you ended the relationship when you no longer wanted to be monogamous. I want to be monogamous in a relationship because I have morals and it sounds like you do to.

• yeah that is pretty damn cold.

• I can't remember what she said now, she was like we can still be friends I think but I never got in con act with her again.

Most Helpful Guy

• Second chances yes, but not always. Case by case scenario here.

These are just a few of the questions I think people (or at least I) would ask themselves:

Who's is the women to you, who are you to her?
    How long have the two of you been in a committed relationship for?
    Who'd she/he cheat with? - You're best friend, then nope.
    How many times?
    How long?
    Did they do extracurricular activities together or was it just sex? - This matters.
    Were we coming undone before/during?

If I knew it was just once, with one guy that I don't know, and we were in love, then yes I would give it one more shot. People make mistakes everyday. It is only human to do so. You never know what someone is capable of until they're faced with it. So, maybe some people are never faced with the opportunity to cheat, maybe others are and succumb to the temptation only once. And yet further still, maybe others not only succumb, but rather look for the temptation. I think there are varying degrees of the infamous "cheater."