Have you ever broken up with someone and then later on, realized you made a mistake?

Have you ever broken up with someone and then later down the road, maybe many years later, realized that you had actually really cared for them and that you made a mistake?

05

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes, I f*$#ed up big time with a girl when I was 22. She was cute, outgoing, sooooo much fun, unique genuine personality, nice body, super smart, and more that I'll never know about. We met through a friend, and me and that friend wanted to hook-up with all of her other friends. See this was before I realized I could never be, "just friends," with a female. So me and her were friends and started hanging out regularly until one day we got out of the car and she asked, "So what are we?" In an instant I realized that I had likely led her believe that we were dating which was not my intent nevertheless it was the path we were on. I told her we were friends, it got weird, and we disconnected.

It wasn't until years later that I realized how much I really, really liked her. When I thought about all the girls I had even known in one way or another, she was the coolest, most fun, kind of the most amazing one of them all. Stupid young me thought he needed to have the hottest chick. Which by the way never happened. That's what I get. If I could go back, I would have answered her "What are we," question with a kiss. Live and learn, live and learn.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • Love this answer! Very beautifully said:)