How do you get over someone besides the usual 'delete them from your life'?

Basically yesterday I went through a really rough break up with the guy I've been with for three years. I love him to pieces but he had changed so much and I was miserable. I was doing ok I guess until it was the night and I felt so alone and couldn't stop crying and this morning I'm really really tired and sad.. I don't know what to do with myself. How have you guys dealt with break ups and do you have any tips for the evening because thats when its hardest?

I've already blocked him and deleted him on everything.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• No answer to it options are:
    -Keep busy main thing, find a hobby or something, anything to occupy yourself.
    -Hang out with friends.

Thats all you can do, luckily for me I'm a heartless bastard and get stuff in like a day. It has helped in the past to just watch movies/long YouTube video comedy crap. Anything to keep ya busy is the only thing that works.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Blocking and deleting is a good first step, I'm in a similar situation. I wrote myself a letter today about how badly the guy I was dating made me feel in this moment, and the moments before the breaking point. I also included what I want and what I think I deserve in a partner so that I realized how much he didn't fit the criteria. Whenever I feel weak I will read that letter. Remember that there's someone perfect out there for you! When you're ready try to move on, I signed up for an online dating site just to take my mind off of him. Even if I dont meet anyone good on the app, at least its a little fun distraction for the time being. You never know! =) Good luck sister!

1|0
    0|0
    • I might just leave it now until I go to uni, I'm terrified I'll get treated the same way again.

• I totally agree with your comment I was in a similar situation with my ex who I am no longer with. I wrote down what I want in a relationship and what I will look for in a guy but personally I want a gentlemen that will do his part in a relationship

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 1

• I'm Going To Give You My Unlicensed Professional Opinion, The Biggest Factor Is Time, Over Time You Will Feel Better & Try To Do Things To Keep Your Mind Occupied...

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 3

• Honestly, I think only time can heal things. I had some of the best experiences around this time like went on an amazing vacation and saw one of my favorite artists at their concert but that stuff only distracted me for that day. For me when my ex and I broke up, I went through a series of stages. I went from barely being affected, to crying, to complete anger, to semi-angry, to being ok, and now I'm happy. I can talk to him, hear his name, not be afraid to run into him around town... I am truly over this guy and truly forgive him for all that we went through. It took about 10 months but that's probably because I made the stupid mistake of still talking to him in the beginning. I'm not sure if these are the "healthiest" things to do but I cried if I needed to, I acknowledged my feelings (anger, sadness), I went out with a friend every week just to have girl time, talked to anyone who would listen, wrote down my thoughts and feelings, constantly listened to music, watched things that truly make me laugh (impractical jokers.. you should check it out). I looked up some ways to get over someone and one idea was to write a letter to them but don't send it. Basically state all that you're thankful for. It doesn't have to be a bashing session but include the good and the bad. Breakups SUCK but this too shall pass, good luck =)

0|0
    0|0
    • Everytime I've tried to get over him before it hasn't worked and I'm terrified he'll meet someone else and move on from me, I don't know what I'd do. Thats what I was like! Yesterday I didn't care, felt almost empowered finally putting myself and my happiness first but today I just feel crap and want to hear his voice

• Well it could be that you're just comfortable with him and the idea of him, I mean 3 years is a pretty long time. The mix of feelings is just a phrase that will pass. You're so young, you two might meet up later on in life or you might meet someone else who is a better match for you. So don't be afraid to lose him. When you say that you've tried to get over him before, how long did you try?

• months at a time

• No matter what you do, its going to hurt for a while. The best thing you can do is distract yourself by focusing on hobbies, friends, school/work, etc. At night you can read or something until you're tired and try knock out.

0|0
    0|0
  • Its going to hurt for a while I'll tell you that I know it did for me, I was weak in my knees and couldn't even walk but I managed to get through the break up and before I knew it I was healed. It takes baby steps don't rush the recovery so quickly. I know it hurts it did for me too. It took me about 5 months to get over my ex and including summer vacation I was so proud of myself that I finally got him out of my head. I finally realized that I didn't deserve him and he didn't deserve me because of the way he treated me. For me it wasn't easy because I had to wake up seeing his face at school everyday and I just wanted to faint but I then realized it wasn't worth it of course. I finally know what I want and what I want in a guy and in a relationship of course. You'll get through it just give it time and don't rush anything, it takes time or even months for a broken heart to heal my scar is gone and I'm stronger than ever.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes