How do you get over someone besides the usual 'delete them from your life'?

Basically yesterday I went through a really rough break up with the guy I've been with for three years. I love him to pieces but he had changed so much and I was miserable. I was doing ok I guess until it was the night and I felt so alone and couldn't stop crying and this morning I'm really really tired and sad.. I don't know what to do with myself. How have you guys dealt with break ups and do you have any tips for the evening because thats when its hardest?

I've already blocked him and deleted him on everything.

42

Most Helpful Guy

• No answer to it options are:
    -Keep busy main thing, find a hobby or something, anything to occupy yourself.
    -Hang out with friends.

Thats all you can do, luckily for me I'm a heartless bastard and get stuff in like a day. It has helped in the past to just watch movies/long YouTube video comedy crap. Anything to keep ya busy is the only thing that works.

Most Helpful Girl

• Blocking and deleting is a good first step, I'm in a similar situation. I wrote myself a letter today about how badly the guy I was dating made me feel in this moment, and the moments before the breaking point. I also included what I want and what I think I deserve in a partner so that I realized how much he didn't fit the criteria. Whenever I feel weak I will read that letter. Remember that there's someone perfect out there for you! When you're ready try to move on, I signed up for an online dating site just to take my mind off of him. Even if I dont meet anyone good on the app, at least its a little fun distraction for the time being. You never know! =) Good luck sister!

• I might just leave it now until I go to uni, I'm terrified I'll get treated the same way again.

• I totally agree with your comment I was in a similar situation with my ex who I am no longer with. I wrote down what I want in a relationship and what I will look for in a guy but personally I want a gentlemen that will do his part in a relationship