How can I move on from a break up?

the question explains it all, need suggestions please help

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Take an honest assessment of what you did wrong in the relationship. Then focus on improving yourself in some way. Go do something on your 'bucket list'.

0|1
    0|0
    • most guys don't do anything wrong ~ they simply aren't mature family oriented material which we admire and dig into... I haven't met a single guy under age 30 in my whole life who i would say isn't still a boy.

girls want boys to be men, but they never are and very few girls will stay in a relationship with a boy... it won't matter how much he wants it, or wants to change and mature... its all just intolerable and annoying... we love and care for them, but they can turn water to wine far more easy than changing into a man. i think about 20% of the male population are mature and men.. and most of them are way older, like 48 and 53 ... some guys can do all the math by late 30's but they are always married ^__^

I would say your on your own kitstopher.. unless you can buy her back some how, and that never usually lasts long anyway.

anyway the best way to "move on" is to take part in something other than your own life... go help PETA some weekends, or sit and chat with an old man

• Show All
    • yeah, I thought it was real, I always forgive her and give her chances, I really given up such effort and now she just ignored me all the way, I just wasted my time love and effort, I still love her really, but it really hurts so i really need to move on

• Well now you know. One chance. One Opportunity.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 3

• First, life goes on without them and they probably didn't stop to think about it. A break up stings really bad but know that everything happens for a reason. It might not come to you now, but you learn something from every relationship that you can use to make yourself better.

Focus on career or a hobby, start to excersise and make yorself better for you. Don't think of it as you seperating from someone, think of it as you reconstructing yourself so that you can become a better person.

0|1
    0|0
  • To move on from a breakup you need to do a self reconstruction. Basically Rediscover yourself and love yourself the way you did before you got into a relationship. Because if you dont go through that process then you will be getting into relationships on rocky ground. Love you first and as soon as youve started to lvoe yourself you'll be happy and if you want you'll be ready to enter a relationship again.

0|1
    0|0
  • It depends on what you may need but it takes time. The best thing to do is stay busy with work, school, be with family and friends go do something new you haven't done before. Meet bew people. And best to get rid of anything that might be a reminder if it just beings pain. Give your self time to fet mad be sad cry it out of needed. Reflect on your part of what you might of done and grow from this. Then after some time when ever your ready you get back in the game but right now it the healing stages and getting over her.

0|1
    0|0

What Guys Said 2

• Lisa_Zhang got one thing right. Most times, you've done nothing that was wrong. If she wasn't happy with something about you, or wanted anything changed, she probably would have told you. Most times. it's not about maturity, either. You could be quite responsible, capable and talented, and it can still happen.

I say to most men don't look for a reason. They don't need a reason, and you'll just go crazy trying to blame yourself and look for one. I've even said that to friends whose wives have divorced them without giving a reason (that happens too).
    If there really was a reason, you would know about it and she would have made it obvious, hoping you would fix it. Sure, we can all make some improvement to ourselves, and she probably could too. We can all become better in some way; more charming, presentable, charismatic, accomplished, confident, better communicators (verbally or by body language) or whatever.

In your position, I'd go out and get banged ASAP, and forget about her. Do what you can to be more presentable and tempting when the next one comes along. Don't blame yourself.

0|1
    0|0
  • I'm Going To Give You My Unlicensed Professional Opinion, No Matter What You Do, Time Is A Huge Factor, Over Time You Will Feel Better, But Make Sure You Continue Doing Things That Make You Happy & Occupy Your Time. When You Start Feeling Up To It, Then Start Talking To Other Girls...

0|1
    0|0

Recommended myTakes